Wooo, Netflix has indeed renewed their Emmy-nominated series GLOW for a third season, and we could not be happier!!
The news came in a tweet posted by the show’s official Twitter account:
— GLOW (@GlowNetflix) August 20, 2018
GLOW tells the story of a group of women in the mid ’80s who become stars on the local cable access series “The Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling”, based on the actual, real series of the same name.
Alison Brie stars as Ruth Wilder, an out-of-work actress living in Los Angeles in the ’80s. Wilder finds an unexpected chance at stardom: enter the glitter and spandex-laden world of women’s wrestling, where she must work alongside 12 other Hollywood misfits, one of which being her on-again-off-again best friend, Debbie Egan played by Emmy nominated actress Betty Gilpin. Marc Maron plays the role of Sam Sylvia, a washed-up director of “B” movies who tries to lead the group of women to fame.
Betty Gilpin responded to the news:
— Betty Gilpin (@bettygilpin) August 20, 2018
The series has received tremendous acclaim from critics and fans alike, and with 10 Emmy nominations under their weightbelt, it’s clearly apparent there’s something special to GLOW.
Seasons 1 and 2 of GLOW are currently streaming on Netflix, and hopefully we’ll be getting some news about the third season soon.
- Jeffrey Wright the Wolf Expert in Trailer for 'Hold the Dark'
- Emmy Nominee Betty Gilpin Writes Beautiful (and Painful) Op-Ed About Fame
- Marc Maron Confirms 'The Joker' Movie Involvement on His Podcast
- Netflix Wants to Know Your Sign with New Zodiac Chart
- No Word on 'GLOW' Season 3 During Netflix's TCA Presentation
- Yes, Really: NASA Just Gave Godzilla His Own Constellation - October 18, 2018
- Another Superman Villain is Headed to The CW’s ‘Supergirl’ - October 18, 2018
- Let’s Talk About ‘Shameless’ s9e6, “Face It, You’re Gorgeous” - October 18, 2018
- Brian Tyree Henry Shares Video from Child’s Play Reboot - October 18, 2018
- Netflix Releases Trailer for Season 4 of ‘Narcos’, ‘Narcos: Mexico’ - October 18, 2018