Netflix has released a trailer for their upcoming film Outlaw King, starring Chris Pine as Robert the Bruce. Chances are, most Americans will know that historical name from 1995’s Braveheart and perhaps are unfamiliar with the story of the nobleman after the William Wallace time.
Netflix says Outlaw King is the untold “true story” of Robert the Bruce, who transformed from defeated nobleman to reluctant King and even outlaw hero over the course of an extraordinary year.
Forced into battle in order to save his family, his people and his country from the oppressive English occupation of medieval Scotland, Robert seizes the Scottish crown and rallies a ragtag group of men to face off against the wrath of the world’s strongest army lead by the ferocious King Edward 1 and his volatile son, the Prince of Wales.
The cast is pretty impressive too, touting Tony Curran as Angus Macdonald, Aaron Taylor-Johnson as James Douglas, James Cosmo as Sir Robert VI de Brus, Stephen Dillane as Edward I, and Billy Howle as the Prince of Wales. Two Outlander alums are also on cast: Duncan Lacroix as Lord Henry Percy and Stephen Cree as Seton.
Outlaw King is set to hit Netflix on November 9th, 2018.
- Netflix's 'Outlaw King': Why Robert The Bruce, and Why Now?
- Jeffrey Wright the Wolf Expert in Trailer for 'Hold the Dark'
- Report: Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth Both Out of 'Star Trek 4'
- Gal Gadot Shares New Wonder Woman 2 Image
- Welcome to Wonder Woman 1984 Starring Gal Gadot... and Chris Pine
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ Will Be “Magical” Says Billie Lourd - November 14, 2018
- Deadwood: Dispatches From The Thoroughfare, Wu [Keone Young] Edition - November 13, 2018
- Legendary Entertainment Nabs Dark Horse’s Black Hammer for Film, TV - November 13, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Caitriona Balfe on the Unsavory Side of “Do No Harm” - November 13, 2018
- Here’s the Official Synopsis for ‘Detective Pikachu’ - November 13, 2018