Netflix has released a trailer for their upcoming film Outlaw King, starring Chris Pine as Robert the Bruce. Chances are, most Americans will know that historical name from 1995’s Braveheart and perhaps are unfamiliar with the story of the nobleman after the William Wallace time.
Netflix says Outlaw King is the untold “true story” of Robert the Bruce, who transformed from defeated nobleman to reluctant King and even outlaw hero over the course of an extraordinary year.
Forced into battle in order to save his family, his people and his country from the oppressive English occupation of medieval Scotland, Robert seizes the Scottish crown and rallies a ragtag group of men to face off against the wrath of the world’s strongest army lead by the ferocious King Edward 1 and his volatile son, the Prince of Wales.
The cast is pretty impressive too, touting Tony Curran as Angus Macdonald, Aaron Taylor-Johnson as James Douglas, James Cosmo as Sir Robert VI de Brus, Stephen Dillane as Edward I, and Billy Howle as the Prince of Wales. Two Outlander alums are also on cast: Duncan Lacroix as Lord Henry Percy and Stephen Cree as Seton.
Outlaw King is set to hit Netflix on November 9th, 2018.
- Jeffrey Wright the Wolf Expert in Trailer for 'Hold the Dark'
- Report: Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth Both Out of 'Star Trek 4'
- Gal Gadot Shares New Wonder Woman 2 Image
- Welcome to Wonder Woman 1984 Starring Gal Gadot... and Chris Pine
- George R. R. Martin, Benioff and Weiss Get FUNKO Pops - September 21, 2018
- First Image of ‘Child’s Play Reboot Shows Off New Chucky - September 21, 2018
- CBS Announces ‘Star Trek: Short Trek’ 4 Shorts Coming - September 20, 2018
- Tessa Thompson Shares ‘Men In Black’ Set Photos - September 20, 2018
- Another New Trailer for ‘Doctor Who’ Season 11 - September 20, 2018