Chris Hemsworth really does seem like the kind of guy you could spend an afternoon drinking beers with, talking about your families and various funny things kids do and say. Also, he’s not bad looking either, if you like that sort of thing.
A new interview with GQ Magazine featuring the Australian actor on the cover is further proof of this, Hemsworth regaling the outlet with a tale of attending a Field Day at his daughter’s school, among other things.
Hemsworth’s wife, actress Elsa Pataky, commented that she’d “never seen him so excited, not even about getting a big job,” about the Running of the Dads event at their daughter’s school. “It was probably one of the best things that has happened to him in his life, which is funny, right? All the things he has achieved.”
As to balancing his imposing height (6’4) and stature with the roles he enjoys playing, Hemsworth commented:
“I came into Hollywood thinking I had to be Russell Crowe. I loved his performances, and because of my physicality and my size, that was the obvious choice. I think I was aware that it could kind of get me in the door. But it wasn’t me.”
The interview also dives into the entourage that Chris Hemsworth travels with — personal trainers and such, all of whom are fellow Aussies.
But what you really want to know is where the “meh” comes from regarding Thor: The Dark World, right?
“The first one is good, the second one is meh. What masculinity was, the classic archetype—it just all starts to feel very familiar. I was so aware that we were right on the edge.”
The rest of the piece has some truly adorable moments, like the interviewer and Hemsworth having dinner, and experience “jammy” wine.
The entire story appears (as well as the cover feature) in the September 2018 issue of GQ magazine. Chris Hemsworth can be seen in the most recent Marvel Studios release Avengers: Infinity War, which is available for home enjoyment nowAVENGERS: INFINITY WAR [Blu-ray].
- Report: Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth Both Out of 'Star Trek 4'
- 'Thor: Ragnarok' Blu-ray Release Special Features, Hella Hela, and More
- From Iron Man to Black Panther: Marvel Studios' True Superhero, Casting
- Writer Jay Basu Added to ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Film - December 18, 2018
- George Takei Boards Season 2 of AMC’s ‘The Terror’ - December 18, 2018
- Joel Harlow Talks ‘Hellboy’ Makeup, Getting Mike Mignola’s Approval - December 18, 2018
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’: Number One, Captain Pike More Than Shipmates? - December 18, 2018
- Disney+ Period Piece ‘Lady and The Tramp’ Will Have Real Dogs - December 18, 2018