The what-ifs of superhero movies are almost as interesting as the resulting film, and it sounds like Deadpool 2 was going to have a pretty fantastic set of character cameos in Tim Miller‘s version.
If you’ll recall, Deadpool director Tim Miller left the sequel early in the production process, due to “creative differences” with Fox. Miller has gone on record saying one of the reasons he left was because of budget — not lack of one, rather the inflation of one. “I didn’t want to make some stylized movie that was three times the budget,” he told Collider about the situation.
Anyhow, we digress — it turns out we would have gotten a pretty awesome fight in Miller’s version of Deadpool 2, with The Juggernaut paying a visit to Yancy Street, home of the Fantastic Four.
Concept designer Alexander Lozana revealed on Instagram his design for F4 team member The Thing, aka Ben Grimm, that was obviously not used in the final film:
THE FANTASTIC FOUR! (The Thing) …character design for the tim miller version of deadpool 2 (5/5). tim Miller was very precise when it came to the description of “the thing”. he wanted to make sure that I orient myself in the design as close as possible to the comic template to finally give us, the fans, what we always wanted to see on the big screen. it may sound surprising, but the supposedly simple task turned out to be a major challenge after several failed attempts than originally assumed – for the sake of my reputation I will spare you all those design errors. “it’s clobberin’ time!” #FantasticFour #Thing #MrFantastic #HumanTorch #InvisibleWoman #AlexanderLozano #Lozano #Marvel
“Tim Miller was very precise when it came to the description of The Thing,” Lozano says in his post.
It’s unclear if the plan was to possibly have Juggernaut be Colossus-Juggernaut or not, but we’re kind of sad we didn’t get to see that fight.
Deadpool 2Deadpool 2 Plus Super Duper Cut (Unrated) will be available for home release on August 21st, 2018.
- Ryan Reynolds Talks Baby Legs and Baby Hitler in Deadpool 2
- Tim Miller, James Cameron on Bringing Linda Hamilton Back For 'Terminator 6'
- ‘Aquaman’ is the Live-Action ‘Atlantis: The Lost Empire’ - December 16, 2018
- Netflix’s ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ Trailer Dropping Tomorrow? - December 16, 2018
- Rian Johnson’s Heartfelt ‘The Last Jedi’ Thanks, 1 Year Later - December 16, 2018
- Box Office: ‘Spider-Verse’ Tops With $35 Million - December 16, 2018
- ‘SUPERMAN THE MOVIE’: Profound Impact Still Felt on 40th Anniversary - December 15, 2018