Square Enix has released another trailer for upcoming action-adventure game The Quiet Man, with the game’s focus mode taking top billing this time around. Focus mode is part of the game’s combat, as a way to accomplish brutal finishing moves. The mode comes with a time, represented by an artistic lens flare on the right side of the screen.
The mechanic should look and feel pretty familiar, like several other game’s rage modes- the Yakuza series’ heat actions or God of War’s Rage of the Gods and Spartan Rage come to mind, but even Devil May Cry and Onimusha have had similar mechanics. Hell, even other Square Enix games have had rage modes, including my favorite time-sucking MMO. Yeah, from the Warrior’s Beast Guage to the Samurai’s Kenki Guage, Final Fantasy XIV has some interesting job-based rage modes. All of which is to say that The Quiet Man is continuing in a very old video game tradition of giving players something like a baby god-mode without having to enter up, up, down, down, right, left, right, left, A, B. And I’m kind of psyched to play it.
The Quiet Man is set to launch for PS4 and PC, but a release date has yet to be announced.
- Square Enix Will Add Audio to The Quiet Man Sometime Next Week
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition is Coming to PS4
- The Last Remnant Will Be Delisted From Steam in the Near Future
- BioWare Gives More Details on Anthem’s Demo - December 7, 2018
- Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain Tested for PlayStation Classic - December 7, 2018
- Com2uS Releases New Gameplay Preview for Skylanders: Ring of Heroes - December 7, 2018
- In Case You Missed it: Here’s Every Announcement from The Game Awards - December 7, 2018
- Midwinter Entertainment Reveals Co-op Shooter Scavengers - December 7, 2018