Square Enix has released another trailer for upcoming action-adventure game The Quiet Man, with the game’s focus mode taking top billing this time around. Focus mode is part of the game’s combat, as a way to accomplish brutal finishing moves. The mode comes with a time, represented by an artistic lens flare on the right side of the screen.
The mechanic should look and feel pretty familiar, like several other game’s rage modes- the Yakuza series’ heat actions or God of War’s Rage of the Gods and Spartan Rage come to mind, but even Devil May Cry and Onimusha have had similar mechanics. Hell, even other Square Enix games have had rage modes, including my favorite time-sucking MMO. Yeah, from the Warrior’s Beast Guage to the Samurai’s Kenki Guage, Final Fantasy XIV has some interesting job-based rage modes. All of which is to say that The Quiet Man is continuing in a very old video game tradition of giving players something like a baby god-mode without having to enter up, up, down, down, right, left, right, left, A, B. And I’m kind of psyched to play it.
The Quiet Man is set to launch for PS4 and PC, but a release date has yet to be announced.
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition is Coming to PS4
- The Last Remnant Will Be Delisted From Steam in the Near Future
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018