In a surprising turn of events, the very item that’s meant to look like a bug in Fortnite is full of bugs and needed to be shut down. The rumor mill going around was that some players were experiencing issues with the portals, but it didn’t seem very widespread or a major issue. Turns out, we were kinda wrong as the company issued a tweet yesterday letting people know they were shutting them down until they could fix a bug in the system.
Due to a bug with the Rifts, we’re temporarily disabling them in all game modes until we have a fix. We’ll update you once this is resolved.
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) August 17, 2018
They weren’t entirely forthcoming over what the issue was or how it would get fixed, but a few hours ago, the company sent out a new tweet letting everyone know the portals were back up and working. So far, no one has reported any issues on Reddit or other social media platforms since about any rampant issues. Whatever the issue was, it seems like it was very much a quick fix. To the few people in Fortnite who did write that they insta-died the minute they flew out of one, our condolences.
- Bridge Constructor Portal Adds a Level Editor in Latest Update
- Epic Games to Add PS4 Pro Improvements for Fortnite
- A Transparent Purple Cube Has Appeared in Fortnite
- Dataminers Find Three New Weapons in Fortnite
- Fortnite Adds Rift-To-Go and Limited Score Mode in Latest Update
- Realm Royale Has Taken a Major Dive in Players Since Launch
- Fortnite Will Be Getting a Heavy Sniper Rifle Soon
- Epic Games Working on Fortnite Matchmaking Based on Playing Preferences
- Paul George Has a Pair of Fortnite Sneakers with Nike for Some Reason
- Ninja Calls Out Sony Over Fortnite Debacle: "It's Just Greed"
- Treyarch Reveals Details to Black Ops 4 Next DLC Absolute Zero - December 9, 2018
- Red Dead Online Bug Accidentally Reveals Two New Gun Modes - December 9, 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Red vs. Blue: The Shisno Paradox Bundle - December 9, 2018
- Review: Dungeons & Dragons – Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage - December 8, 2018
- SEGA Announces Project Judge Coming to the West as Judgment - December 8, 2018