This week, Analgesic Productions along with their publisher Nnooo announced that Anodyne will be coming to consoles next month. The Zelda-esq title will be headed to the PS4 in North America on September 18th and Europe on September 19th, with an Xbox One release on September 21st in both regions. The company also dropped a trailer teasing the game’s sequel, Anodyne 2: Return to Dust, coming out in early 2019. Enjoy both trailers, as well as a game description of the original.
Anodyne takes place in the haunting, vibrant subconscious mind of the game’s protagonist, Young. You are tasked with navigating the various natural, urban and abstract environments within Young’s innermost self to help sweep away demons, defeat enemies and solve Young’s personal puzzles with their only weapon, a trusty broom! Clear out the dungeons, meander through Young’s own mind, and collect cards to advance further into the game as Young grows in confidence and ability. Defeat the evil Briar who is trying to transform Young’s subconscious into total darkness.
Anodyne harks back to classic 16-bit action-adventure games while creating its own unique feel. It incorporates a large overworld with many quirky, challenging dungeons filled with a variety of unusual enemies. This is overlaid with an unsettling musical score which adds to the feel of an uneasy, dreamlike experience.
Already launched on PC and Mac, this debut game from the 2-person studio Analgesic Productions was released to critical acclaim. Developed while the two were still students, Anodyne won an Honorable Mention at the IGF Student Showcase in San Francisco. The console version of the game has stayed mainly true to the original with added Achievements for PlayStation 4 and Trophies for Xbox One.
- Howard Chaykin Responds To Controversy
- Marvel Solicitations For February 2016 Begin Their Next Big Event. And It May Involve Cosmic Cubes.
- As Starfire Gets More Clothes, Superman Gets Back In The Armour
- Eight Years On, Serenity: Leaves On The Wind Delivers 'New Wrinkles' For Fans
- Last Year: The Nightmare Officially Launches on Discord - December 18, 2018
- Nintendo Boasts the Switch Being This Generation’s Fastest Selling Console - December 18, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for December 18-24, 2018 - December 18, 2018
- The Latest Character to Join Jump Force is Asta from Black Clover - December 17, 2018
- Former Telltale Games Lead Writer Joins Insomniac Games - December 17, 2018