Archie Comics is promoting the debut of Archie ’41 ahead of final order cutoff on Monday, August 20th, and they’re pulling out all the stops. They’ve got a trailer:
They’ve got a comic explaining the arcane preorder system required for comics to succeed in the direct market:
And then there’s the five covers and five preview pages from the comic. Look for it in stores on September 12th.
ARCHIE 1941 #1 (OF 5)
THE HISTORIC, GROUND-BREAKING MINI-SERIES STARTS HERE! Archie has been around for over 75 years and has been through many significant moments in time, but never before have we seen the characters take on real-world events as they unfold. WWII is looming and Archie and many young men from Riverdale are close to enlistment age. If you’re a Riverdale teen, how would you cope with a looming world-changing event? Join the writing team of MARK WAID and BRIAN AUGUSTYN along with artist PETER KRAUSE for the all-new mini-series that is sure to have everyone talking!
Script: Mark Waid, Brian Augustyn
Art: Peter Krause, Kelly Fitzpatrick, Jack Morelli
Cover: Peter Krause
Variant Covers: Sanya Anwar, Francesco Francavilla, Dave Johnson, Aaron Lopresti
On Sale Date: 9/12
32-page, full color comic
- Marvel to Make Spider-Man Comic Based on Video Game Based on Comic - December 17, 2018
- J. Jonah Jameson, This is Your Life! Next Week’s Amazing Spider-Man #12 - December 16, 2018
- Clone Drone Problems in Next Week’s Life of Captain Marvel #3 - December 16, 2018
- Where’s the Other Side of the Climate Change Debate in Next Week’s Defenders: The Best Defense? - December 16, 2018
- Experience Baba Von Doom’s Thrice-Baked Potatoes in Next Week’s Runaways #16 - December 16, 2018