Losing that Buffy franchise has got to suck, but Dark Horse may be able to make up the entire volume of Buffy comics with all the video game art books they’ve been producing lately. Yup, they call us “look on the bright side” Terror around these parts. The latest game to get the art book treatment from Dark Horse is We Happy Few, with Dark Horse teaming with Compulsion Games to produce the hardcover companion offering “two-hundred pages of mind-bending art and insightful creator commentary that showcases the unique retro-futuristic style of We Happy Few, a game of paranoia and survival in a drugged out, dystopian society.”
The press release tells us:
The game is set in 1964 against the backdrop of an alternative timeline of events after World War II. The citizens of the fictional English city of Wellington Wells, to forget a Very Bad Thing they did, take a drug known as “Joy”—a delightful hallucinogenic antidote to their despair, with the mild side effect of making them easily controlled and morally malleable. But happiness isn’t so easily found for everyone. The Downers — awful citizens who refuse to take their Joy — are a menace to society, and as such are hunted by the police. If only they knew what was best for them! Turning their frown upside down is just a trip away!
Don’t be a Downer by missing out on this perfect companion to the psychedelic video game experience!
Look for The Art of We Happy Few HC in stores on November 13th, at 200 pages and retailing for $39.99.
- New Comic Publisher TKO Launches With Big Name Creators and Revolutionary Ambitions - December 10, 2018
- Barnes & Noble Gets a Retailer-Exclusive Edition of Mister Miracle - December 10, 2018
- Cyclops Goes Old School in #XMenMonday Sneak Peeks - December 10, 2018
- Another Year of Rick and Morty Presents One-Shots on the Way from Oni Press - December 10, 2018
- Best-Selling Author Gaby Dunn Makes Comics Debut with Claire Roe in Bury the Lede OGN - December 10, 2018