Losing that Buffy franchise has got to suck, but Dark Horse may be able to make up the entire volume of Buffy comics with all the video game art books they’ve been producing lately. Yup, they call us “look on the bright side” Terror around these parts. The latest game to get the art book treatment from Dark Horse is We Happy Few, with Dark Horse teaming with Compulsion Games to produce the hardcover companion offering “two-hundred pages of mind-bending art and insightful creator commentary that showcases the unique retro-futuristic style of We Happy Few, a game of paranoia and survival in a drugged out, dystopian society.”
The press release tells us:
The game is set in 1964 against the backdrop of an alternative timeline of events after World War II. The citizens of the fictional English city of Wellington Wells, to forget a Very Bad Thing they did, take a drug known as “Joy”—a delightful hallucinogenic antidote to their despair, with the mild side effect of making them easily controlled and morally malleable. But happiness isn’t so easily found for everyone. The Downers — awful citizens who refuse to take their Joy — are a menace to society, and as such are hunted by the police. If only they knew what was best for them! Turning their frown upside down is just a trip away!
Don’t be a Downer by missing out on this perfect companion to the psychedelic video game experience!
Look for The Art of We Happy Few HC in stores on November 13th, at 200 pages and retailing for $39.99.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018