Spider-Man co-creator Steve Ditko died last month, aged 90. Last week, Marvel began to run four-page tributes to Steve at the beginning of each issue. But in today’s Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man #308 by Chip Zdarsky and Chris Bachalo, it doesn’t stop there. It keeps going — some would say for the entirety of the issue.
As we get a story about Flint Marko, the Sandman, the work of the character’s co-creator, Steve Ditko, infuses the narrative. Both at the beginning of the issue…
…and as the story continues and Flint has to deal with whatever he is becoming. Or not…
The timing will have been coincidental. But it reads as it was inspired by the outpouring of affection for Ditko’s work to note his passing — and the marking of his end.
PETER PARKER SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #308
(W) Chip Zdarsky (A/CA) Chris Bachalo
• Comic book legend CHRIS BACHALO goes SPECTACULAR for two issues!
• Get ready for a Sandman story unlike any you’ve ever read as year two of this new series kicks off!
Rated T In Shops: Aug 15, 2018
- Trailer for Next Week’s Doctor Who: Arachnids In The UK - October 21, 2018
- Rick & Morty Exclusives From MCM London Comic Con - October 21, 2018
- Donny Cates Delighted by Funko Exclusives at MCM London Comic Con Next Weekend - October 21, 2018
- Street Fighter’s Jeffrey ‘Chamba’ Cruz Launches RandomVeus ODC in January - October 21, 2018
- Top Dog Comics Launches in Augusta, Georgia - October 21, 2018