Image Comics has announced a new line of “Impact Variants” for the upcoming comic Cemetery Beach by Warren Ellis and Jason Howard, in which Howard will pay tribute to artists who have “made an impact” on his work each month. Kicking things off by kissing up to an Image Founder, Cover C for Cemetery Beach #1 will feature Howard drawing in the style of Todd McFarlane.
In the press release, Howard said:
As a kid seeing Todd’s art for the first time opened my eyes to the fact that comics were drawn by different people. I was already artistic, but Todd inspired me to focus my creativity on COMICS. These covers are a way for me to give a public nod to artists who’ve made an impact on me, and have some fun trying to capture elements of their style.
Cemetery Beach #1 hits stores on September 12th, with final order cutoff August 20th.
CEMETERY BEACH #1 Cover A by Howard (Diamond Code JUL180123)
CEMETERY BEACH #1 Cover B virgin cover (Diamond Code JUN188807)
CEMETERY BEACH #1 Cover C “Impact” variant by Howard (Diamond Code JUL188199)
- New GWAR OGN The Enormogantic Fail Revisits the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7 - October 17, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018