The puppets of The Happytime Murders are not here for people talking in theaters. They dislike it so much that they made a PSA, in collaboration with the Alamo Drafthouse chain — because of course you’d want to drink and watch this movie — to give people who talk in theaters a new name.
So, according to the puppets, if you become a “moviefucker” it’ll send you down an addiction spiral. That sounds about right for the tone that this movie is going for. Whether or not this humor is going to end up landing once the movie finally comes out later this month has yet to be seen.
Summary: When the puppet cast of an ’80s children’s TV show begins to get murdered one by one, a disgraced LAPD detective-turned-private eye puppet takes on the case.
The Happytime Murders, directed by Brian Henson, stars Melissa McCarthy, Maya Rudolph, Leslie David Baker, Bill Barretta, and Elizabeth Banks. It will be released on August 24th.
- [Review] 'The Happytime Murders' Had So Much Potential
- [Review] The Happytime Murders: An R-Rated Muppet Noir - Brilliant, Right? Nope.
- The Happytime Murders Review: Somehow Simultaneously Lazy and Trying Too Hard
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: A New Promo and 17 New Cast and Promo Pictures - December 13, 2018
- Meet Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in This New Clip - December 13, 2018