The puppets of The Happytime Murders are not here for people talking in theaters. They dislike it so much that they made a PSA, in collaboration with the Alamo Drafthouse chain — because of course you’d want to drink and watch this movie — to give people who talk in theaters a new name.
So, according to the puppets, if you become a “moviefucker” it’ll send you down an addiction spiral. That sounds about right for the tone that this movie is going for. Whether or not this humor is going to end up landing once the movie finally comes out later this month has yet to be seen.
Summary: When the puppet cast of an ’80s children’s TV show begins to get murdered one by one, a disgraced LAPD detective-turned-private eye puppet takes on the case.
The Happytime Murders, directed by Brian Henson, stars Melissa McCarthy, Maya Rudolph, Leslie David Baker, Bill Barretta, and Elizabeth Banks. It will be released on August 24th.
- [Review] 'The Happytime Murders' Had So Much Potential
- [Review] The Happytime Murders: An R-Rated Muppet Noir - Brilliant, Right? Nope.
- The Happytime Murders Review: Somehow Simultaneously Lazy and Trying Too Hard
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Christian Rivers Talks Peter Jackson Mentoring Him at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Robert Sheehan Talks Filming a Green Screen Heavy Production at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Mortal Engines: Stephen Lang Talks His Not So Human Character at NYCC - October 13, 2018