BOOM! Studios has revealed a first-look preview at Coda #5, the latest issue of the hit comic by Simon Spurrier and Matías Bergara. Lest you think it’s not a hit, BOOM! was sure to mention in the synopsis that it sold out before the first issue was even released:
This all-new series, which sold out at a distributor level before the release of the first issue, reveals the aftermath of an apocalypse which wiped out nearly all magic from a once-wondrous fantasy world, in which an antisocial former bard named Hum seeks a way to save the soul of his wife with nothing but a foul-tempered mutant unicorn and his wits to protect him…but is unwillingly drawn into a brutal power struggle which will decide forever who rules the weird wasteland.
In CODA #5, featuring a main wraparound cover by Bergara, along with a variant cover by Trevor Hairsine (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Shattered Grid), Hum and Serka must set out to infiltrate the bandit city of Thundervale to investigate the existence of a supposed surviving Wihtlord…the dark beings that set about the apocalypse.
BOOM! Editor Eric Harburn said in the press release:
CODA #5 kicks off a brand-new arc of the epic series, and with the simultaneous release of CODA VOL. 1 DISCOVER NOW EDITION there’s no better time to get caught up on Hum’s misadventures
BOOM! also reminds us that the first issues of Coda will be collected in Coda Vol. 1 Discover Now Edition, exclusively in comic book stores for $9.99, on September 19th, the same day Coda #5 hits stores. Check out the preview below.
- The Debut of Thorshach in Next Week’s Thor #8 - December 14, 2018
- IDW Plans Weekly Ghostbusters Event for April with 4 Teams - December 14, 2018
- DC Pulls Heroes in Crisis Poison Ivy Death Cover at Tom King’s Request - December 14, 2018
- Valiant Leaks Classified White Board with Clues for Next 12 Months of Plans - December 14, 2018
- The Fate of Cyclops Revealed in Next Week’s Extermination Finale - December 14, 2018