Batman: Damned #1 is the first title from DC Black Label, with its Final Order Cutoff date for Monday — hence all the previews published in today’s DC titles.
The comic will be an oversized prestige format, measuring 8.5″ by 10.875″. This has caused some to express concern at how this very black comic will be shipped by Diamond Comic Distributors, with issues regarding how such items sometimes end up in comic stores, especially when so many copies of this are likely to be ordered.
Well, they have been told that Batman: Damned will ship in securely in boxes of 80 copies. For those who order fewer copies, orders in multiples of 20 will be shrink-wrapped together to help protect them from damage.
Oh, and just to ice the cake, Jim Lee has painted an open-order variant cover for the launch issue, which will be released later this week.
Here’s a look at the preview…
BATMAN DAMNED #1 (OF 3) (MR)
(W) Brian Azzarello (A/CA) Lee Bermejo
DC BLACK LABEL, the highly anticipated new imprint from DC Comics, starts here!
The Joker is dead.
There is no doubt about that. But whether Batman finally snapped his scrawny neck or some other sinister force in Gotham City did the deed is still a mystery.
Problem is, Batman can’t remember… and the more he digs into this labyrinthine case, the more his mind starts to doubt everything he’s uncovering.
So who better to set him straight than… John Constantine? Problem with that is as much as John loves a good mystery, he loves messing with people’s heads even more. So with John’s “help,” the pair will delve into the sordid underbelly of Gotham as they race toward the mind-blowing truth of who murdered The Joker.
BATMAN: DAMNED is a bimonthly super-natural horror story told by two of comics’ greatest modern creators-a visceral thrill-ride that proudly puts the “black” in BLACK LABEL.In Shops: Sep 19, 2018
Final Orders Due: Aug 20, 2018
- Marvel Cancels All Of Star Wars: Shadow Of Vader by Chuck Wendig - November 15, 2018
- Fantastic Four #6 Jumps to a 60 Page Story – and Two Dollars More - November 15, 2018
- Stan Lee Tribute to Run on Marvel Comics Covers in December and January - November 15, 2018
- Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto Relaunch Daredevil #1 in February - November 15, 2018
- Second Printings For Uncanny X-Men, Avengers, Daredevil, Venom, Spider-Geddon, Wolverine, Fantastic Four - November 15, 2018