Amazing Spider-Man #4 isn’t out ’til next week, but it has already sold out from Marvel and Diamond to comic stores, so Marvel has gone for a second printing already, due the 19th of September. It has been joined in that also by Black Panther #3 going to second printing — again, the first printing isn’t out till next week. And then Life of Captain Marvel #2 joins them as does Venom #5, four for four.
Extermination #1 has also gone to second printing, though that actually came out today, which suddenly seems to be a novelty. Though it has been joined by Infinity Wars #2, Tony Stark: Iron Man #3, and Thor #3, which also all came out today. X-23 #2 bucks the trend by going to second printing, when the first printing came out three weeks ago. And for that, if nothing else, we have the cover for the second printing by Juan Cabal.
Look for them all on September 19th.
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #4
(W) Nick Spencer (A/CA) Ryan Ottley
PETER PARKER VS. SPIDER-MAN?!
PETER PARKER & SPIDER-MAN IN THE SAME PLACE AT THE SAME TIME?!
• Things are crazy for Spider-Man. His personal life in turmoil, the giant TRI-SENTINEL returning to attack NYC…
• …and someone is out there impersonating Peter Parker!
• Is it the Chameleon? An LMD? Ultimate Peter Parker making his Marvel U debut? Think again, True Believer! Rated T SRP: $3.99
BLACK PANTHER #3
(W) Ta-Nehisi Coates (A) Daniel Acuna (CA) In-Hyuk Lee
THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA CONTINUES!
The rebels make their move! On the verge of liberating the Nameless, T’Challa, M’Baku and Nakia hunt for mysterious artifact that promises to turn the tide. What is the M’Kraan Shard? And will T’Challa find its acquisition worth the cost? Rated T SRP: $3.99
LIFE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL #2 (OF 5)
(W) Margaret Stohl (A) Carlos Pacheco, Marguerite Sauvage (CA) Julian Totino Tedesco
THE DEFINITIVE ORIGIN OF CAPTAIN MARVEL!
For years, Carol Danvers has been at the front lines, protecting Earth and her fellow heroes from harm. Then one visit to her childhood home changed everything. Now her brother’s in a coma, and until he’s safe, Captain Marvel…is standing down. But while Carol may not be looking for danger, it’s looking for her. A weapon has been unleashed. And Carol’s sleepy coastal town is about to become the center of its world. Margaret Stohl and Carlos Pacheco tear apart Captain Marvel’s whole universe in part two of an origin-defining tale! Rated T+ SRP: $3.99
(W) Donny Cates (A/CA) Ryan Stegman
• An ancient Klyntar has awakened on Earth, and with it, something has stirred in Eddie Brock’s symbiote.
• And while Venom would never do anything to hurt Eddie or an innocent person, the ancient symbiote has no such qualms… Rated T+ SRP: $3.99
(W) Mariko Tamaki (A) Juan Cabal (CA) Mike Choi
Cloned from a warrior, raised as a killer, Laura Kinney has gone through hell and come out the other side a hero. After a stint as the All-New Wolverine, she returns to her roots as X-23 to make sure no one ever has to go through the horrors she did. With her sister Gabby and their pet Jonathan in tow, X-23 forges her own destiny in this new series by Mariko Tamaki (HULK, HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: CLAWS OF A KILLER) and Juann Cabal (ALL-NEW WOLVERINE, ELEKTRA). Rated T+ SRP: $3.99
INFINITY WARS #2 (OF 6)
(W) Gerry Duggan (A/CA) Mike Deodato
As the Infinity Stones come to Earth, so too comes the war for control over them. But none who wield the stones know the truth about the power they contain…or what it would take to bring them to their END. The nature of the universe itself hangs in the balance as we learn the answer to the question on everyone’s lips since “Infinity Wars Prime”: WHO IS REQUIEM? Gerry Duggan (DEADPOOL, INFINITY COUNTDOWN) and Mike Deodato Jr. (ORIGINAL SIN, OLD MAN LOGAN) look into the Infinite and bring the truth to light! Rated T+ SRP: $4.99
TONY STARK IRON MAN #3
(W) Dan Slott (A) Valerio Schiti (CA) Alexander Lozano
NON-PLAYER CHARACTER ASSASSINATION!
• What is MACHINE MAN’S problem with (our) IRON MAN of 2018?
• When TONY STARK unveils his latest innovation, the Great eScape, AARON STACK realizes what it will mean for all the artificial life-forms of the Marvel Universe…blue checks or DEATH!
• Also in this issue: A new development for JOCASTA. ANDY dates a single mom (no, really, this is important). And that classic Iron Man villain you’ve been talking about since the first issue? Theyyyyy’re back. Mwahaha! Rated T+ SRP: $3.99
(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Michael Del Mundo
War rages across the land of the dead, and not even the reunion of Thor with his brother Balder can stop it! Perhaps peace might come from the wedding of the century… in Hel! With Hela, the goddess of death, as the bride, which Odinson brother is going to be the lucky groom? And what special surprise guest is looking to put a deadly stop to the nuptials? Rated T+ SRP: $3.99
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018