It would appear that CBS All Access has made the highly logical decision to announce the actor who will be picking up the television mantle of Mr. Spock on season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery.
The streaming service announced just a little bit ago that actor Ethan Peck (In Time, Sorcerer’s Apprentice) will be bringing the Vulcan hero to the small screen in season 2 of the newest Star Trek series. Yes, Ethan (who’s full name is Ethan Gregory Peck) is the grandson of the silver screen’s legendary Gregory Peck.
Alex Kurtzman, Discovery Executive Producer and head of the newly created CBS All Access “Trekverse” offered this statement on the casting news:
“Through 52 years of television and film, a parallel universe and a mirror universe, Mr. Spock remains the only member of the original bridge crew to span every era of Star Trek. The great Leonard Nimoy, then the brilliant Zachary Quinto, brought incomparable humanity to a character forever torn between logic and emotion,” he added. “We searched for months for an actor who would, like them, bring his own interpretation to the role. An actor who would, like them, effortlessly embody Spock’s greatest qualities, beyond obvious logic: empathy, intuition, compassion, confusion, and yearning.
“Ethan Peck walked into the room inhabiting all of these qualities, aware of his daunting responsibility to Leonard, Zack, and the fans, and ready to confront the challenge in the service of protecting and expanding on Spock’s legacy.
In that spirit, we’re thrilled to welcome him to the family.”
Ethan took to his twitter account to share this image with original Spock Leonard Nimoy‘s family and to offer his thanks:
Thanks to the Nimoy family for your open arms, warm welcome, smiling curiosity and support, for making me feel worthy, as I embrace and take into my heart the iconic half alien we know as Mr. Spock. It is an incomparable honor. 🖖🏼 #StarTrekDiscovery #LLAP pic.twitter.com/jEXG1T253Z
— Ethan Peck (@ethangpeck) August 14, 2018
Star Trek: Discovery season 2 will warp onto CBS All Access sometime in January of 2019. Season 1 of the series is available for pre-order now on Amazon.
- Captain Pike, Spock to the Rescue in new 'Star Trek: Discovery' Promo
- Captain Saru's Star Trek Discovery Comic Coming in February
- New Poster for Star Trek: Discovery S2, and NYCC Panel Details
- CBS Announces 'Star Trek: Short Trek' 4 Shorts Coming
- Rainn Wilson Teases Return of Harry Mudd to Star Trek: Discovery
- Neville Page Shares 'Star Trek: Discovery' Klingon Boots Details
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Shares 4 BTS Photos for World Photography Day
- Glenn Hetrick Says Klingons Getting New Look in 'Star Trek: Discovery' Season 2
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Season 1 Blu-ray, DVD Set is Coming
- Sir Patrick Stewart to Return to 'Star Trek' in a New Series
- Rebecca Romijn Grew up a Trekkie, Excited to be on 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- Watch the Star Trek Discovery Season 2 First Look Trailer from San Diego Comic-Con
- Season 2 Teases in New ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Featurette - December 17, 2018
- Terry Gilliam’s ‘The Man Who Killed Don Quixote’ WILL Release in North America! - December 17, 2018
- James Wan Not Part of ‘Resident Evil’ Reboot - December 17, 2018
- ‘Outlander’ EPs On THAT Character Switch, [SPOILER]’s Return - December 17, 2018
- ‘Hot Fuzz 2’ Officially Greenlit, Posts Nick Frost - December 17, 2018