A little more than a month after the streaming service released a teaser filled with names and but with absolutely no scenes from the upcoming series, Amazon Prime Video has released the first official trailer for The Romanoffs, a (surprisingly) contemporary anthology series created, written, directed, and executive produced by Emmy award winner Matthew Weiner (Mad Men).
Set to premiere on the streaming service on Friday, October 12, the creative team behind The Romanoffs include executive producer-writer Semi Chellas; co-executive producers Kriss Turner Towner, Blake McCormick, and Kathy Ciric; and consulting producers-writers Andre Jacquemetton and Maria Jacquemetton.
Featuring eight separate stories about people who believe themselves to be descendants of the Russian royal family, The Romanoffs stars Diane Lane, Aaron Eckhart, Isabelle Huppert, Marthe Keller, Christina Hendricks, John Slattery, Jack Huston, Amanda Peet, Corey Stoll, Andrew Rannells, Mike Doyle, JJ Feild, Janet Montgomery, and Paul Reiser.
Shot on location in three continents and set in seven countries around the globe, each story takes place in a new location with a new cast. The first episode of The Romanoffs (‘The Violet Hour,’) stars Keller, Eckhart, Melab, and Louise Bourgoin. Heading up the second episode (‘The Royal We’) are Stoll, Bishe, Montgomery, and Wyle.
Guest stars announced during Amazon’s Television Critics Association (TCA) meeting include: Noah Wyle (Falling Skies); Kathryn Hahn (Transparent); Kerry Bishé (Halt and Catch Fire); Jay R. Ferguson (Mad Men); Ben Miles (Collateral); Mary Kay Place (Big Love); Griffin Dunne (Imposters); Cara Buono (Mad Men); Ron Livingston (The Conjuring); Jon Tenney (Hand of God); Clea DuVall (Veep); Radha Mitchell (Silent Hill); Hugh Skinner (Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again); Juan Pablo Castañeda (The Debt of Maximillian); Emily Rudd (Electric Dreams); Adele Anderson (Company Business); Annet Mahendru (The Americans); Louise Bourgoin (I Am a Soldier); Hera Hilmar (Two Birds); and Inès Melab (Agathe Koltès).
- Amazon Releases 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' Season 2 Trailer
- Christoph Hartmann Becomes VP of Amazon Game Studios
- Rafe Judkins Has Two Scripts for 'Wheel of Time' TV Series Done
- Amazon: Matthew Weiner's 'The Romanoffs' Teaser Lists Previously Unannounced Guest Stars
- Amazon Drops TWC: Cancels O'Russell Series, Takes Over ‘Romanoffs’
- Kidding Season 1, Episode 7 ‘Kintsugi’: Imperfectly Perfect in Every Way - October 23, 2018
- Steve Carell Joins Apple’s Untitled Morning Show Series with Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston - October 23, 2018
- Charmed Season 1, Episode 2 ‘Let This Mother Out’: Interesting Dynamic Marred by Glaring Clichés - October 23, 2018
- Ryan Murphy Updates Son’s Cancer Fight, Donates $10M to Hospital - October 23, 2018
- John Wesley Shipp’s ’90s Flash Joins CW’s Arrowverse ‘Elseworlds’ Crossover - October 22, 2018