Hulu will bring to life Old City Blues, the graphic novel series created by Giannis Milonogiannis at Archaia, the only imprint of BOOM! Studios without an explosion-based pun for its name. Scandal’s Kerry Washington will executive produce and star in the series, alongside executive producer and director Gore Verbinski. The pilot is written by Arash Amel, and further executive producers include Brad Weston, Scott Nemes, Ross Richie, and Stephen Christy.
Here’s what the series is about:
Set in the near future, the graphic novel series follows the men and women of the New Athens police force. Built in the aftermath of a disastrous flood on the ruins of the country once known as Greece, New Athens is a new independent city created and wholly owned by technology giant Hayashi Corporation. When the cybernetically augmented founder of Hayashi is found murdered, it seems to be just another case of cyborg persecution. But Hayashi Corporation’s strange response to the incident raises the suspicions of lead detective and the Special Police. The mystery they unravel will leads them straight into the wasteland of the Old City.
Want to catch up on the series before it makes its TV debut and all the cool kids are talking about it? You can read it on ComiXology.
- Undertaker OGN Reveals Why Knox County Mayor Kane Set Fire to Home [Spoilers] - October 15, 2018
- Apocalypse Gets a Bold New Costume in X-Men Black Mystique - October 15, 2018
- Marvel’s Jordan White Celebrates #XMenMonday With 10 Mystery X-Men Previews - October 15, 2018
- WWE Finally Gets That Mainstream Attention It Craves So Badly - October 15, 2018
- Why is Marvel Giving X-Men Fans the Chris Claremont Runaraound? [X-ual Healing 10-10-18] - October 14, 2018