Hulu will bring to life Old City Blues, the graphic novel series created by Giannis Milonogiannis at Archaia, the only imprint of BOOM! Studios without an explosion-based pun for its name. Scandal’s Kerry Washington will executive produce and star in the series, alongside executive producer and director Gore Verbinski. The pilot is written by Arash Amel, and further executive producers include Brad Weston, Scott Nemes, Ross Richie, and Stephen Christy.
Here’s what the series is about:
Set in the near future, the graphic novel series follows the men and women of the New Athens police force. Built in the aftermath of a disastrous flood on the ruins of the country once known as Greece, New Athens is a new independent city created and wholly owned by technology giant Hayashi Corporation. When the cybernetically augmented founder of Hayashi is found murdered, it seems to be just another case of cyborg persecution. But Hayashi Corporation’s strange response to the incident raises the suspicions of lead detective and the Special Police. The mystery they unravel will leads them straight into the wasteland of the Old City.
Want to catch up on the series before it makes its TV debut and all the cool kids are talking about it? You can read it on ComiXology.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018