Dark Horse has announced that they will publish a comic book set in the world of the God of War video game franchise in November, following the success of their God of War art book. Written by Chris Roberson with art by Tony Parker, colors by Dan Jackson, and letters by John Roshell, the book will be a four-issue mini “full of Norse mythology-inspired action.”
A press release provides further details:
Writer Chris Roberson (iZombie, Witchfinder), artist Tony Parker (Mayday, This Damned Band), colorist Dan Jackson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Disney•Pixar’s Incredibles 2: Crisis in Mid-Life! & Other Stories), and letterer John Roshell of Comicraft set out to explore whether Kratos, the God of War, will ever find a peace in a world of violence. The beautiful cover art is by artist E.M. Gist (The Strain, Will Save The Galaxy for Food). The God of War comic series finds Kratos living in the remote Norse wilds after his war on the gods of Olympus. Seeking to put the rage that defined most of his life behind him, Kratos inadvertently sparks a feud with a mysterious cult of berserkers after attempting to save a stranger being mauled by a monstrous bear. But for the former Ghost of Sparta, no good deed goes unpunished.
Look for God of War #1 (of 4) in stores on November 14th.
- New GWAR OGN The Enormogantic Fail Revisits the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7 - October 17, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018