Dark Horse has announced that they will publish a comic book set in the world of the God of War video game franchise in November, following the success of their God of War art book. Written by Chris Roberson with art by Tony Parker, colors by Dan Jackson, and letters by John Roshell, the book will be a four-issue mini “full of Norse mythology-inspired action.”
A press release provides further details:
Writer Chris Roberson (iZombie, Witchfinder), artist Tony Parker (Mayday, This Damned Band), colorist Dan Jackson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Disney•Pixar’s Incredibles 2: Crisis in Mid-Life! & Other Stories), and letterer John Roshell of Comicraft set out to explore whether Kratos, the God of War, will ever find a peace in a world of violence. The beautiful cover art is by artist E.M. Gist (The Strain, Will Save The Galaxy for Food). The God of War comic series finds Kratos living in the remote Norse wilds after his war on the gods of Olympus. Seeking to put the rage that defined most of his life behind him, Kratos inadvertently sparks a feud with a mysterious cult of berserkers after attempting to save a stranger being mauled by a monstrous bear. But for the former Ghost of Sparta, no good deed goes unpunished.
Look for God of War #1 (of 4) in stores on November 14th.
- Check Out This Recreation of Kratos' Blades Of Chaos from God of War
- God of War Was Almost Set in Ancient Egypt, According to Developers
- The Ice King Apology Tour Commences in 1st Look at Adventure Time: Marcy & Simon #1 - December 13, 2018
- Marvel Reveals Phil Noto Interlocking Variants for 80th Anniversary - December 13, 2018
- Lela Gwenn and Matthew Dow Smith Launch Bad Luck Chuck at Dark Horse in March - December 13, 2018
- Joe Illidge Explains Post-Valiant Future in Most Polite Open Letter Ever - December 13, 2018
- #GhostCorps: IDW Teases Something Big for Ghostbusters in 2019 - December 13, 2018