The time has finally come when Mr. Weird Al Yankovic will get his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Music’s ultimate parody writer posted to his personal Twitter and Facebook accounts that the ceremony will be taking place on August 27th at 11:30 a.m., at a location right across the street from the Chinese Theater on Hollywood Blvd.
“The time has finally come,” Yankovic posted, along with the informational where/whens:
The time has finally come… On Aug. 27 at 11:30 AM I’ll be getting my very own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (6914 Hollywood Blvd., right across the street from the Chinese Theatre). The ceremony is FREE and open to the public, so come on down!!
— Al Yankovic (@alyankovic) August 13, 2018
Various celebs chimed in on the announcement, all proclaiming the honor well deserved.
— Adam Savage (@donttrythis) August 13, 2018
Glorious! And weird. Gloriously weird.
— Michael McKean (@MJMcKean) August 13, 2018
We’re looking forward to seeing what Lin-Manuel Miranda has to say, as well.
Congrats, Mr. Yankovic!
- Director Petyon Reed's Thoughts About Weird Al Yankovic's Star Ceremony
- Mark Hamill Thinks Carrie Fisher Should Have a Star Instead of Trump
- Jeff Goldblum Goldblummed During His Star Ceremony
- Original Wonder Woman Lynda Carter Getting Star On Walk Of Fame
- Mark Hamill Set to Receive a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Writer Jay Basu Added to ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Film - December 18, 2018
- George Takei Boards Season 2 of AMC’s ‘The Terror’ - December 18, 2018
- Joel Harlow Talks ‘Hellboy’ Makeup, Getting Mike Mignola’s Approval - December 18, 2018
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’: Number One, Captain Pike More Than Shipmates? - December 18, 2018
- Disney+ Period Piece ‘Lady and The Tramp’ Will Have Real Dogs - December 18, 2018