Some cool news this morning from Route 59 as they announced Necrobarista will be released on the PS4 along with the Nintendo Switch and PC versions. On top of that, the developers released a new trailer and game description, both of which we have here, as well as the news that a free PC demo will be coming to Steam later this year. Enjoy the trailer!
In a magical modern-day Melbourne, Australia, Necrobarista takes place within the confines of a supernatural coffee house whose patrons are not all of this world. Here, the dead can return to spend one final day on Earth. Indistinguishable from the living, these ghosts can mingle and resolve unfinished business before departing this realm for what awaits on the other side.Told through a series of vignettes from the perspectives of several patrons, Necrobarista’s story centers on Maddy, the café’s manager and resident necromancer. While she does her best to keep the shop running smoothly, ferrying souls to the afterlife can have its complications.The variety of vantage points is mirrored in Necrobarista’s cinematic approach to storytelling. Featuring a dynamic camera, the game pans from one angle to another with animation that brings its vivid world to life and distinguishing the experience from other titles in the genre.Beyond scripted narrative moments, players are given the reins to explore the coffee shop’s 3D setting in a contemporary spin on classic point-and-click adventure style. In these sequences, players are free to move around the establishment and learn more about both it and the colorful cast of characters that call this place home – even if only for a brief moment in time.
- Revisiting Necrobarista at PAX West and Waiting For a Release Date
- Arcade Archives is Bringing Kid’s Horehore Daisakusen to the Nintendo Switch
- Doom Eternal Gets its Gameplay Reveal Showcasing Demon Crushing Action
- Video Teases For Wayne Brady and Michael Davis's 'Level Next' Comics Line
- Overwatch's 2018 Summer Games Event Kicks Off Today
- Messing With Death In 'Necrobarista' At PAX West
- Predictably, Aimbots Have Come to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - October 19, 2018
- Insomniac Games Releases Two New Patches for Marvel’s Spider-Man - October 19, 2018
- Pac-Man Will Appear On Cans of Red Bull Because… Nostalgia? - October 19, 2018
- Check Out the Launch Trailer for Dark Souls: Remastered on Switch - October 19, 2018
- Dead By Daylight Launches “The Hallowed Blight” Halloween Event - October 19, 2018