Production on the next Disney live-action remake is apparently a go. After a significant delay, production on the remake of Mulan has kicked off, and Disney took to Twitter to not only announce that production had started but to share a first look at star Liu Yifei as the titular character.
The movie, which will be directed by Niki Caro, also includes Donnie Yen, Jet Li, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Yoson An, Xana Tang, Jason Scott Lee, and Ron Yuan. There have been a few story details leaked about this movie, but as far as the whole summary we’re not entirely sure what’s going on with this plot. What we can say is that there aren’t any Huns, the main antagonist is a witch, and it isn’t a musical. In fact, some fans have were disappointed with the long list of differences between this and the animated original, seeing as fan-favorite character Captain Li Shang will be absent and there has been no confirmation of whether Mushu will be featured.
More information about this movie will likely come out now that production has finally started. It is slated for a March 27th, 2020.
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix Cancels Marvel’s Luke Cage After 2 Seasons - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018