A rumor earlier in the day turned into a confirmation as Epic Games appear to be bringing in a new Fortnite weapon that people are freaking out over. As you can see from the tweet below by Fortnite Intel, the developers started teasing a new sniper rifle on the way. But it isn’t just any ol’ sniper — it’s a heavy sniper rifle!
And now confirmed! The Heavy Sniper is coming soon to Fortnite: https://t.co/C2CJTqjwrE
— Fortnite News • FortniteINTEL.com (@FortniteLatest) August 12, 2018
A few different websites have compared it to looking like the Barrett M82 .50 caliber sniper rifle, and if you’re not entirely familiar with that gun, this one will give you some extra distance and a little more accuracy at a high rate of speed compared to the others that have been imitated in the game. The last good version of this gun I remember playing in a game was Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Considering some of the leaks we’ve had with Fortnite the past few weeks, which includes the challenges for Week 6, we’re guessing you’ll see this thing pop up either later in the week or sometime next week, depending on what Epic Games has in mind for it.
- Epic Games Working on Fortnite Matchmaking Based on Playing Preferences
- Paul George Has a Pair of Fortnite Sneakers with Nike for Some Reason
- Ninja Calls Out Sony Over Fortnite Debacle: "It's Just Greed"
- Epic Games Launches the Fortnite Android Beta
- Fortnite's 5.2 Patch Notes Are Up, Along with a New Shotgun
- Realm Royale Has Taken a Major Dive in Players Since Launch - August 17, 2018
- PUBG Mobile Boasts 100 Million Downloads Since Launch - August 17, 2018
- Another Pokémon GO Datamine Finds Mention of a Fourth Generation - August 17, 2018
- A Hat in Time to Make a Special Announcement on a Livestream Next Week - August 17, 2018
- Square Enix and Coca-Cola Join Forces for a Shadow of the Tomb Raider Event - August 17, 2018