A very angry user on Reddit is accusing Electronic Arts of deleting their account containing hundreds of games they’ve had for years. According to their post, which we have a snippet of here for you to read, the player in question woke up one day to find their account completely deleted. When they hit up customer service, there was no case number or even proof the account existed, if not for the player keeping all their receipts over the years proving they had thousands of dollars spent on games that were now just gone.
I am a veteran playing Battlefield since 2002 and using origin since launch.
Just two weeks back I wasn’t able to login to my Origin Account (with Battlefield 5 Pre-ordered). I contacted EA Help and they are telling there there is no trace of my ID. I provided them my transaction IDs, Order IDs, Game Keys, But they are telling that they have no info. In fact they don’t even know what happened. EA Help mercilessly disconnected the conversation with vague explanations.
My account has games worth thousands of Dollars which includes BF1942, BF1 Premium, BFBC2, BF3 premium, BF4 Premium, BF5 (pre-ordered), Unravel 1, Unravel 2, TitalFall 2, Battlefront 1, FIFA 18, etc.
I even went to call them but they said they can’t do anything and don’t know anything. Everything gone! but more surprising is EA is not even telling me what happened. They told me it’s not their responsibility.
At the time we’re writing this post, it’s still entirely unclear as to what the hell happened. EA is making it sound like the player allowed others to use their account and someone deleted it willingly. The player is saying they’ve been a pretty loyal customer and haven’t shared or tampered with anything that would allow that kind of access. But it does make any player a bit nervous as to what may happen with their accounts down the road.
- Gamefly Will Shut Down Their Streaming Game Service This Month
- Electronic Arts No Longer Offering Free Games Through Origin
- Electronic Arts Acquires Indie Dev Studio Industrial Toys
- Electronic Arts Says They'll Do Better with Anthem
- Electronic Arts is Apparently Hiring for a New Star Wars Game
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Receives Second DLC Today - December 18, 2018
- Black Ops 4’s 1.10 Update Makes Major Changes to Blackout - December 18, 2018
- Fallout 76 Fans Are Calling Out Bethesta on Microtransaction Pricing - December 18, 2018
- Blizzard Celebrates the Holidays With a New Stop Motion Video - December 18, 2018
- “Anaconda” and “Lockhart” Are the Code Names for Xbox’s Next Consoles - December 18, 2018