While Marvel’s Ant-Man and The Wasp didn’t have the mad titan punch at the box office that Avengers: Infinity War did, there’s no denying that fans very much enjoyed the insect superhero sequel. Humor and action mixed with a pretty stellar supporting cast of characters made for a great addition into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Apparently we ALMOST got a scene with Laurence Fishburne (who played former Hank Pym associate Dr. Bill Foster) suited up as Goliath in the film as well.
On a recent visit to the Empire Magazine film podcast, Ant-Man director Peyton Reed confirmed the original plan to have Goliath make his 21-foot appearance in the film:
“We had a draft when Ava [Starr AKA Ghost] is recounting her backstory, and then there was a version where Bill was recounting a backstory. At one point we were going to have one brief flashback with young Hank Pym and young Bill Foster where he reaches his 21 feet in trying [to grow]. And it just felt, narratively, it just was too much of a left turn. As much as we felt like it might get a big cheer from a small percentage of Marvel Comics fans, it just was too far a reach. But who knows for the future.”
We can only hope that Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Foster maybe gets called into action to help get Scott Lang back from the Quantum Realm post-Infinity War, and we get our chance to see Fishburne in a super suit.
Ant-Man and The Wasp is expected to release for home consumption sometime in October 2018 (but not confirmed yet).
- Here's What We're Getting on 'Ant-Man and The Wasp' Blu-Ray, DVD
- Director Petyon Reed's Thoughts About Weird Al Yankovic's Star Ceremony
- More Janet Van Dyne Coming on 'Ant-Man and The Wasp' Deleted Scenes
- Captain Marvel Should Lead All-Female Avengers, Says Evangeline Lilly
- Laurence Fishburne Isn't Sure He'll Return to the DCEU
- Ant-Man and The Wasp: Peyton Reed Comments on Having to Follow Avengers: Infinity War
- Peyton Reed Talks Cassie Lang and Her Superhero Future
- Ant-Man and The Wasp Director Peyton Reed Talks Fantastic Four and Ghost
- Season 2 Teases in New ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Featurette - December 17, 2018
- Terry Gilliam’s ‘The Man Who Killed Don Quixote’ WILL Release in North America! - December 17, 2018
- James Wan Not Part of ‘Resident Evil’ Reboot - December 17, 2018
- ‘Outlander’ EPs On THAT Character Switch, [SPOILER]’s Return - December 17, 2018
- ‘Hot Fuzz 2’ Officially Greenlit, Posts Nick Frost - December 17, 2018