Purge fans: it is almost time.
The Purge‘s 10-episode television event, based on the wildly successful film series, will be debuting on the USA Network in less than a month. After a very successful SDCC this year where they hosted a packed panel and amazing offsite activation, IGN today revealed six new posters for the show. Each one features the series tagline “Will you hide or will you seek?” and various masked and unmasked participants. Check them out below!
All of these are great, and I like how the one non-masked person looks like he is reluctantly taking part. Leaves it open to more sinister interpretations. After being in both the SDCC panel and the Purge City store as well, the anticipation level for this show is through the roof. As they said there, this will allow them to explore more of not only the world dealing with the Purge, but will also give us a bit more to chew on with the people we are seeing taking part or abstaining. The scenes they showed us during the panel were very suspenseful, with one in particular very unsettling and tense. Let’s just say that not everyone feels like a victim during the Purge. Check out the trailer in case you missed it:
Based on the hit movie franchise from Blumhouse productions, THE PURGE revolves around a 12-hour period when all crime, including murder, is legal. Set in a dystopian America ruled by a totalitarian political party, the series follows several seemingly unrelated characters living in a small city. Tying them all together is a mysterious savior who’s impeccably equipped for everything the night throws at them. As the clock winds down with their fates hanging in the balance, each character is forced to reckon with their pasts as they discover how far they will go to survive the night.
The Purge, a 10-episode series event, debuts on the USA Network on September 4th.
- Let’s Take a Look at Scream Factory’s Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Next Generation Blu-ray - December 11, 2018
- Just About Every Walking Dead Comic Ever is in an Auction Ending Today on Comic Connect - December 11, 2018
- NECA Releasing Yet Another Ultimate Pennywise Figure in 2019 - December 11, 2018
- Fallout Fans Will Want to Order the New Toynk Nanoforce Figures - December 11, 2018
- Into the Dark’s January Episode ‘New Year, New You’ is First Blumhouse Production Directed by a Woman - December 11, 2018