Filmmaker Duncan Jones is branching out this year and moving into the realm of television to direct an adaptation of Tony Kent‘s first Killer Intent novel for the small screen.
Jones has some pretty great titles under his belt — Moon celebrating its ninth anniversary this year, Warcraft still mocked but enjoyed — and of course his most recently announced title, Rogue Trooper, based on the 2000AD comic character.
Killer Intent is a Jack Ryan-style thriller about intelligence officier Joe Dempsey. As you may guess, conspiracy unfolds across London with dangerous implications, and three strangers find their fates entwined. There’s Sarah Truman (CNN reporter determined to get her headline), Michael Devlin (Belfast-born criminal barrister with a secret past), and Dempsey.
“Tony’s writing style is already so cinematic, working with him and a room of writers to adapt his first book will be a thrill. I’m excited to get my teeth into some contemporary set action, and have time to develop characters over a series rather than a single film,” Jones said.
Kent will be in the writers’ room, adapting his novel in a pool of “established TV talent”, according to producers. Jones will be directing and executive producing the series.
Liberty Films’ Stuart Fenegan said:
“I’ve loved the work of John Grisham and Lee Child for years. When I read an early draft of ‘Killer Intent’ I knew it was special and deserved a place on the shelf, and on the screen, alongside those authors. Having spent a great deal of time with Tony discussing his characters and the journeys they will embark on in future books, I know television is the right medium in which to do them justice.”
We’ll let you know as soon as we hear anything about casting, or where Killer Intent the series may eventually land.
- Duncan Jones Thinks Clancy Brown Should Be a Starship Captain
- Duncan Jones Reveals What Comic Book Movie He's Doing - It's Something 2000AD
- Duncan Jones Is Not Directing a DC Superhero Movie
- Duncan Jones Teases Next Film – It'll Be a Comic Book Movie!
- Let's Talk About 'Mute', Duncan Jones's Netflix Sci-Fi Film
- Happy Birthday, David Bowie – We Miss You, Starman
- Writer Jay Basu Added to ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Film - December 18, 2018
- George Takei Boards Season 2 of AMC’s ‘The Terror’ - December 18, 2018
- Joel Harlow Talks ‘Hellboy’ Makeup, Getting Mike Mignola’s Approval - December 18, 2018
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’: Number One, Captain Pike More Than Shipmates? - December 18, 2018
- Disney+ Period Piece ‘Lady and The Tramp’ Will Have Real Dogs - December 18, 2018