Sony Pictures made a big announcement about all of Spider-Man spinoff movies they are currently working on today. One of those announcements was that Venom, due out later this year, is not going to get the R-rating that some fans were hoping for. Instead they’re going to walk right up to that line and try to get away with as much as possible within the confines of PG-13.
Entertainment Weekly shared a new picture that shows off the monster in question.
For star Tom Hardy he spoke a bit about the balancing that Venom and Eddie Brock have to go through. They are both good and bad for each other and finding that is in this production.
“They’re a bit lost in this world, and finding each other and negotiating an ethical framework is perhaps a gift and a burden for the two of them,” Hardy says. “They bring out the very best and the very worst in each other.”
The buzz for Venom is pretty high so far but the PG-13 might make purists a little nervous. You can get away with a lot in a PG-13 with some strategic editing and it isn’t that surprising that Sony would want their first, big Spider-Man spinoff movie to be as accessible as possible.
Summary: When Eddie Brock acquires the powers of a symbiote, he will have to release his alter-ego “Venom” to save his life.
Venom, directed by Ruben Fleischer, will star Tom Hardy, Riz Ahmed, Jenny Slate, Reid Scott, and Michelle Williams. It will be released on October 5th.
- Venom Director Promises Grounded, Tonally Different Comic Book Film
- Kraven, Morbius, Black Cat and More Moving Forward at Sony
- Topher Grace Says Tom Hardy Is "The Guy" to Play Venom
- Venom, Punisher, Spider-Man and *That* Hunt For Wolverine Spoiler Cover Dominate Advance Reorders
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: Peter Halpin Joins the Cast as Theo Nelson - October 18, 2018
- Watch Our Heroes Do Some Training in This New Robin Hood Clip - October 18, 2018
- Sophie Turner Talks Incorporating Mental Illness into Dark Phoenix - October 18, 2018
- Joshua Bassett Set to Star in High School Musical: The Musical for the Disney Streaming Service - October 17, 2018