If you’ve been wondering about the state of mega evolution in Pokémon: Let’s Go Pikachu and Pokémon: Let’s Go Eevee, we have some good news for you today. Nintendo confirmed that mega evolutions will return in both Let’s Go games.
Mega Evolutions for the Kanto starter Pokémon were confirmed, including Mega Blastoise, Mega Venasaur, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Charizard Y.
Today, Serebii was able to scan the latest issue of CoroCoro, a Japanese gaming magazine, which confirms that Mega Evolutions will return in the Pokémon: Let’s Go titles.
Namely, this issue showcases the Mega Evolutions of the Kanto starters: Mega Blastoise, Mega Venasaur, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Charizard Y. The ability will function similarly to previous games, as players can use the ability once per battle after obtaining the Key Stone and Pokémon’s Mega Stone. For those of you who aren’t aware, Mega Evolutions were introduced inPokémon X and Y, and are temporary evolutions of a few lucky Pokémon that can be activated for a significant stat boost during battle.
At the moment, we do not know if other Generation I Pokémon Mega Evolutions will be included, but we would hazard a guess that they’ll make the cut into both Pokémon: Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee. Which should be a comfort to those worried about all the other changes coming with the Switch RPGs.
Pokémon: Let’s Go Pikachu and Pokémon: Let’s Go Eevee will release for the Nintendo Switch on November 16th, 2018.
- Katy Perry to Join Cast of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius - December 11, 2018
- The Leaderboard and NYXL to Host a Super Smash Bros Livestream Next Week - December 11, 2018
- BioWare Gives More Details on Anthem’s Demo - December 7, 2018
- Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain Tested for PlayStation Classic - December 7, 2018
- Com2uS Releases New Gameplay Preview for Skylanders: Ring of Heroes - December 7, 2018