NIS America had a bit of cool news today as SNK’s 40th Anniversary Collection will be getting the Ikari Warriors trilogy as part of the library. All three titles will be included in the full collection when it comes out on November 13th for the Nintendo Switch.
Some people view this trilogy as an absolute classic, and then there are some who… don’t. But however you view them, they’re a classic part of the NES library, so it’s fitting to see them return to a Nintendo console. Here’s the trailer and description for the trilogy.
Shoot-em-ups were all the rage in ’80s, and in 1986, SNK launched Ikari Warriors, a game that took guerrilla carnage to a new level of lunacy! In this game, the player assumed the roles of two muscly men named Ralf Jones and Clark Steel (King of Fighters, anyone?), who were blasting and mowing down enemy forces in a South American jungle to save their commanding officer.
After the success of Ikari Warriors, there were two more entries in the series that took Ralf and Clark on further adventures, Victory Road (1988) and Ikari III: The Rescue (1990). Each of these titles brought a unique focus to the gameplay. Victory Road focused on the use of guns and explosives, while Ikari III: The Rescue brought more attention to hand-to-hand combat.
- Little Medusa Released as a Cartridge Game for SNES and Genesis
- Watch the Hardest Level in Battletoads Get Owned While Blindfolded
- Nintendo Files Lawsuits Against Two ROM Sites
- 'Survived By' Moves Into the Closed Beta Phase and Invites Everyone
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for July 17-23, 2018
- Ludenso Reveal New AR Headset Called MagiMask - October 17, 2018
- World of Tanks Blitz Teams With Mad Max Artist for Halloween Event - October 17, 2018
- Paizo Officially Releases a New Starfinder Guide with Alien Archive 2 - October 17, 2018
- Gun Media Discusses the Future of Friday The 13th: The Game - October 16, 2018
- Bridge Constructor Portal Adds a Level Editor in Latest Update - October 16, 2018