The much-maligned makeup design of the ancient Klingons in CBS All Access series Star Trek: Discovery is apparently getting another change, so says series makeup head Glenn Hetrick.
During Star Trek: Las Vegas, the official Creation Entertainment annual Trek convention in Sin City, there was a lot of talk about the upcoming second season of the 6th boldly-going television program. From reveals of upcoming guest stars and teases of plots, to the announcement of a former Starfleet captain returning for another new series, Roddenberry creations were alive and well during the event.
One of the big reveals for season 2 of Star Trek: Disco (as fans are calling it) came from Face Off judge Glenn Hetrick during a panel over the weekend’s event:
“As we move into season 2, it has been a while since we have been with our characters. It has been a while since we have seen our Klingon friends. So, everything keeps evolving. The story has evolved. And I can guarantee you this, you are going to be blown away that they have a completely new look, yet again, going into season two.
In season two, you are going to see much different designs. You are going to see different houses you haven’t seen before. One of the most important things to us was that at this point in canon, as we head towards the current version of unification, the houses really each grow up on different planets.
It is an Empire, it is not just Qo’noS…We have seen six of the great houses in close up in season one. As we move forward into the next season, I promise that we will continue exploring and unpacking and unfolding that infinitely interesting story of what the Klingon culture looks like on a wider level.”
If Klingons and Trek-lore are your thing, you should TOTALLY dive into this article by TrekMovie.com, which gets right into those purple forehead ridges and explores the why of the new designs, and where the inspiration came from. Hint- it’s from a Next Gen episode.
Star Trek: Discovery is set to return for season 2 at some point in 2019.
- Captain Saru's Star Trek Discovery Comic Coming in February
- New Poster for Star Trek: Discovery S2, and NYCC Panel Details
- CBS Announces 'Star Trek: Short Trek' 4 Shorts Coming
- Neville Page Shares 'Star Trek: Discovery' Klingon Boots Details
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Shares 4 BTS Photos for World Photography Day
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Casts Their Mr. Spock for Season 2
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Season 1 Blu-ray, DVD Set is Coming
- William Shatner Says Patrick Stewart's 'Star Trek' Return is Wonderful News
- Sir Patrick Stewart to Return to 'Star Trek' in a New Series
- George Takei is Taking Over Your Phone (With Content)
- Marina Sirtis Will Guest Star on 'The Orville' Season 2
- Rebecca Romijn Grew up a Trekkie, Excited to be on 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- ‘Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark’ Coming to Theaters Summer of 2019 - December 14, 2018
- Nightcrawler Looks [badly] Photoshopped in New ‘Dark Phoenix’ Image - December 14, 2018
- Kit Harington’s [Not So Great] Targaryen Skills: Meeting Toothless - December 14, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Talks ‘Black Panther’ Creative Production Team - December 14, 2018
- Pedro Pascal Shares Dave Filoni-drawn ‘The Mandalorian’ Sketch - December 14, 2018