Dark Horse may be best known for publishing comics. But I think, right now, even considering the option and production payments they get for the TV and movie deals they do, their biggest revenue-raising sector has to be the massive hardcover volumes collecting, collating and curating artwork from the production of well-known video games.
Their latest for 2019 is The Art of Bravely Default, in English for the first time, localising the original Japanese version. It allows readers to explore the story and art behind the game, and features hundreds of pieces of concept art and conversational commentary directly from the creative team. The first of a two-volume series, this collection explores concepts and creativity from the first entry in the standalone Bravely series.
So a double-dip is on the way…
The Art of Bravely Default follows a hero’s journey through the world of Luxendarc to awaken the four elemental crystals the keep their world in balance from all-consuming darkness and allows fans to experience the critically acclaimed Bravely Default in a new way.
The Art of Bravely Default goes on sale February 5th, 2019 and is available for preorder at Amazon
- Patrick Zircher Talks About His Trials With Editors - December 15, 2018
- New Ms Marvel Writer Seeks Mistakes Men Make When Writing About Teenage Girls - December 15, 2018
- ‘Neal Adams Is Full Of Crap’ – Roy Thomas Refutes Claims About the Kree/Skrull War - December 15, 2018
- Victoria McNally, Valiant’s Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, Also Out - December 15, 2018
- How The Graphic Novel Sale is Looking at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet - December 15, 2018