A bit of a surprise from Bandai Namco today as the company announced there will be an open beta coming next week for Black Clover: Quartet Knights. The test is set to kick off on August 17th and will have several test period times that you can join in on, which we’ve listed below as well as information on how to join the beta. This test is for the PS4 only and will conclude on August 20th.
When: The Open Beta test will run consecutively, starting on August 17th, 2018 at midnight and ending on August 20th, 2018 at midnight. There will be eight maintenance periods during the Open Beta, which are listed below:
- Period 1 – Friday, August 17th 6:00AM – 8:00AM PDT
- Period 2 – Friday, August 17th 2:00PM – 4:00PM PDT
- Period 3 – Friday, August 17th 10:00PM – Midnight PDT
- Period 4 – Saturday, August 18th 6:00AM – 8:00AM PDT
- Period 5 – Saturday, August 18th 2:00PM – 4:00PM PDT
- Period 6 – Saturday, August 18th 10:00PM – Midnight PDT
- Period 7 – Sunday, August 19th 6:00AM – 8:00AM PDT
- Period 8 – Sunday, August 19th 2:00PM – 4:00PM PDT
*During the maintenance periods, the Open Beta will not be available for play.
Modes & Features Available: The game modes available in this Open Beta test are as follows:
- 4v4 Online Battle (Ranked)
- Training Mode
- Customization Mode – customize Voice and Grimoire Cards
- 14 playable characters, including new playable character Fana
How to Join: Players will need to download the game client from the PlayStation 4 store to participate. The game client will be available for download staring August 15th at midnight and will be available for download until the end of the Open Beta. After downloading the client, players will be able to participate in the Open Beta test starting on August 17th, 2018 at midnight and ending on August 20th, 2018 at midnight. After playing the beta, players will be directed to a website to collect their thoughts and feedback about their gameplay experience. An exclusive DLC will be gifted for those who participate in the Open Beta, which will contain two color changes for each playable character in the final game.