Epic Released the 5.2 patch for Fortnite a lot sooner than we assumed, and with it came a ton of bug fixes and one impressive weapon. You can read the full patch notes here, but we have some of the highlights from Battle Royale mode below.
Players are getting a new Double-Barrel Shotgun that gives you two powerful shots back-to-back, but because its a shotgun we’re guessing those shots will be widespread, inaccurate, and not immediately lethal. Basically, a big enough shot that no matter who is in front of you, you’ll hit them.
LIMITED TIME MODE: STEADY STORM
Steady Storm has one constantly moving storm closing in on the island. Stay ahead of it and take down the other players to earn a Victory Royale!
- One Storm that closes in over the course of 15 minutes.
- There are no safe zone circles. Keep an eye on the map to predict where the Storm will close in.
- The Storm does 10 damage per second.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) and Challenges are tracked in this mode.
LIMITED TIME MODE: PLAYGROUND
Playground is a low-pressure environment where friends can let their creativity run wild, build massive structures, practice with weapons and items, and fight against your friends. Have fun!
- Fill/No Fill option added to game mode selector.
- Chest & floor loot changed back to one weapon spawn each in order to cut down on clutter.
- Drop into the Battle Royale map with a squad of friends for an hour.
- Play on the same team to build together or switch to different teams to fight.
- Players respawn unless eliminated by the Storm.
- The Storm doesn’t start for 55 minutes and takes 5 minutes to close in.
- 10 times the amount of resources are gained from harvesting.
- 100 Llamas will be spawned on the map.
- Chests & ammo boxes spawn 100% of the time and contain extra ammo.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Double Barrel Shotgun added.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Delivers high burst damage at very close range but damage falls off heavily at distance.
- Fires 10 pellets like other Shotguns, has a larger spread, lower critical damage multiplier (1.25x), and a 2 second cooldown time when swapping weapons.
- Epic Variant
- Up to 143 base damage per shot at extreme close range.
- Legendary Variant
- Up to 150 base damage per shot at extreme close range.
- Vending Machine rebalance.
- Vending Machines spawn more often, cost less, and have an increased chance to spawn at a higher rarity.
- Common Vending Machine
- Spawn chance reduced from 7.27% to 6.67%.
- Material cost reduced from 100 to 75.
- Uncommon Vending Machine
- Spawn chance increased from 14.55% to 20%.
- Material cost reduced from 200 to 150.
- Rare Vending Machine
- Spawn chance increased from 14.55% to 20%.
- Material cost reduced from 300 to 225.
- Epic Vending Machine
- Spawn chance increased from 5.45% to 18.67%.
- Material cost reduced from 400 to 300.
- Legendary Vending Machine
- Spawn chance increased from 3.64% to 8%.
- Material cost reduced from 500 to 375.
- Chance for no Vending Machine to spawn at a location reduced from 54.67% to 26.66%
- Reduced Remote Explosives drop count and max stack size.
- Drop count reduced from 4 to 3.
- Max stack size reduced from 10 to 6.
- Added a higher accuracy penalty to jumping and sprinting for Dual Pistols, Submachine Guns, and Hunting Rifles.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the storm in phase 6 to do 1 less damage than intended.
- Fixed replication issues caused by interacting with a Guided Missile.
- Realm Royale Has Taken a Major Dive in Players Since Launch
- Fortnite Will Be Getting a Heavy Sniper Rifle Soon
- Epic Games Working on Fortnite Matchmaking Based on Playing Preferences
- Ninja Calls Out Sony Over Fortnite Debacle: "It's Just Greed"
- Epic Games Launches the Fortnite Android Beta
- IGN Reviewer Accused of Plagiarism by YouTube Game Reviewer [Updated]
- Another Fortnite Datamine Leak Reveals a Ton of Unreleased Content
- Watch This Pro Fortnite Player Share a Big Money Victory with His Dad
- Epic Games Skips Google Play's Store for Direct Download of Fortnite
- McFarlane Toys Acquires License to Make Fortnite Figures and More
- Epic Games Just Added a New Fortnite Update With a Few Weapons Changes
- GOG.com Posts Another Poorly Chosen Tweet, Then Retracts - October 23, 2018
- Twitch Announces Four New Celebrity Twitch Talks This Weekend - October 23, 2018
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Receives a New Launch Trailer - October 23, 2018
- Thronebreaker is Not Coming to the Nintendo Switch - October 23, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for October 23-29, 2018 - October 23, 2018