Despite the indefinite hold on Sony Pictures’ Silver & Black, it looks like that Kraven The Hunter film is moving forward with a writer attached.
Previously announced in 2017, a feature film focusing on Marvel Comics character Kraven The Hunter is in the works at Sony, with The Equalizer 2 scribe Richard Wenk penning the script, Collider reports.
This isn’t the first time the character has been mentioned in recent years for feature film use, as apparently Black Panther director Ryan Coogler had originally wanted Kraven to make an appearance in his Wakandan film, saying:
“I’ve always loved Kraven the Hunter in almost every iteration. So there was a moment – ‘Can I grab Kraven?’ – and they were ‘Nah, you don’t have Kraven.’ He was one where I thought ‘Oh, man.’ But I don’t even know if he would have worked in the movie we ended up with, this was the early days.”
Of course, as Collider points out, the future of The Hunter could be made or broken by the success of the Tom Hardy-starring symbiote film Venom, as the two do cross paths a few times in Marvel comics.
We’ll let you know when additional news about this project breaks.
- Venom Director Promises Grounded, Tonally Different Comic Book Film
- Josh Trank Shares Image of Tom Hardy as Al Capone from 'Fonzo'
- Kraven, Morbius, Black Cat and More Moving Forward at Sony
- Joe Russo Talks About Where Okoye Could Go Post-'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Ryan Coogler Would Have Loved to Use Kraven the Hunter in Black Panther
- Brian Michael Bendis's List Of All The People He Says Can Beat Batman
- Rumor: Kraven, Mysterio Latest Villains In Line For Sony Spider-Man Spinoffs
- ‘Halloween’ 2018: Jamie Lee Curtis Rightfully Gets to Boast - October 22, 2018
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ will Premiere at Wembley in London - October 22, 2018
- Warner Bros. Shifts ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ to 2020 - October 22, 2018
- Let’s Talk About ‘The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell’ - October 22, 2018
- Netflix Orders Second Season of Animated Series ‘Disenchantment’ - October 22, 2018