With Fox taking its turn at this summer Television Critics Association’s (TCA) summer press tour, we’re getting a first-look trailer for the second season of Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, and Tim Minear‘s emergency drama series 9-1-1. In the video below, fans get their first look at new series lead Jennifer Love Hewitt‘s (The Client List) emergency dispatch operator Maddie in action as Los Angeles is forced to deal with the aftermath of an 8.2 magnitude earthquake. With Connie Britton having only signed on for a single-season contract, her 9-1-1 operator Abby Clark will not be returning for the sophomore season.
The series has proven to a huge hit for Fox, with the procedural drama topping the network’s ratings charts with an average of more than 15 million viewers per episode; and was last season’s second new drama series overall. Following a two-night premiere beginning Sunday, September 23 following NFL football, 9-1-1 will move from Wednesday nights to Monday nights.
9-1-1 explores the high-pressure experiences of police officers, paramedics and firefighters who are thrust into the most frightening, shocking and heart-stopping situations. These emergency responders must try to balance saving those who are at their most vulnerable with solving the problems in their own lives. Hewitt joins series stars Ryan Guzman, Angela Bassett, Peter Krause, Oliver Stark, Aisha Hinds, Kenneth Choi and Rockmond Dunbar.
- The Twelve Days of ‘Sunny’: Season 4, Episode 13 ‘The Nightman Cometh’ (Day #4) - December 16, 2018
- American Gods: Holy Binge Watching! Starz Offers Season 1 Live-Tweet Marathon - December 15, 2018
- Adult Swim’s Toonami Shifts Line-Up, Start Time in January 2019 - December 15, 2018
- The Twelve Days of ‘Sunny’: Season 3, Episode 9 ‘Sweet Dee’s Dating a Retarded Person’ (Day #3) - December 15, 2018
- Apple Lands Rights to New Peanuts Content – So Snoopy’s An iPhone User Now? - December 14, 2018