Chucklefish and ConcernedApe officially announced that Stardew Valley‘s multiplayer feature is officially online for PC, Mac, and Linux users. The company released a trailer along with some images to show off the possibilities, along with some details as to what you’ll be able to do with the new mode. We look forward to having some helping hands and focusing on other fun tasks and adventures with our friends.
- 4 Player Farming – Invite 1-3 players to join you as farmhands, either starting from scratch or diving in from your latest single player save
- Work Together – Each player lives in their own cabin on the host farm as you work together to achieve common goals such as farming, mining, fighting, fishing, foraging and festival participation
- Chat box & Custom Emojis – Communicate using the new chat box feature with coloured text and nearly 200 custom Stardew Valley emojis
- Multiplayer Marriage – Farmhands can choose to woo Pelican Town’s NPCs, or craft a wedding ring to propose to a fellow Player. You can also divorce or ban farmhands by demolishing their cabins.
- Scalable Difficulty – As more hands are better than one, players will be able to scale profit margin or produce sold to change the difficulty level of a multiplayer farm
- Steam & GOG Cross-Play – The update supports cross-play between Steam and GOG Galaxy, bringing together all Windows, Mac and Linux players