Today, Square Enix revealed plans for Mobius Final Fantasy‘s second anniversary, as they will be doing a collaboration with Final Fantasy X. There’s a huge chunk of information to take in about this as there are plans for it that will span all the way into November, so we have all the details they sent out for you below. But the short version is you’re getting a new chapter in the FFX storyline, Tidus is now a new Ultimate Hero, you’ve got some new quests and items to collect, along with some fancy artwork.
- Continuation of the Final Fantasy X story – “DREAM WITHIN A DREAM – Prologue” will be available from August 1, “Dream Within A Dream – Episode 1” will be available from August 15, 2018, with additional parts to be released in at future dates.
- New Ultimate Heroes – Players can take on the appearance of Tidus by obtaining the new Ultimate Hero, which is available for summon beginning today. A second Ultimate Hero, Yuna, will be available to summon in September.
- New Auron-themed WoL Job – Beginning today, “Legendary Guardian,” a new Legend Job, is available through the Greater Summon.
New Rikku-themed Sarah Job – “Al Bhed Huntress,” a new Legend Job, will be available to summon beginning in September of this year.
- New Sin-themed Supreme Card – “Sin: FFX” debuts as the latest Supreme Card.
- “FFX Blitzball” Ranking Event – Hardcore players can take on the Blitzball-themed event and climb the rankings to receive in game rewards from August 23 – September 1, 2018.
- Special In-Game Bonuses: All players that log in throughout the collaboration will receive the Tidus & Yuna: FFX ability card and Magistral Rod weapon, exclusive for WoL.
- Special Login Bonus – Players who log in during the month of August can receive up to 14 free Summon Tickets and two Growstars.
- Mobius Week – Players will receive Mobius Day bonuses from today through August 13, 2018, such as double stamina received from elixirs, increased fusion success rate, an increased chance of unlocking Extra Skills and a skillseed bonus for all elements in exploration regions.
- Welcome Back Campaign – Invite your friends back to play for big rewards between today and August 16, 2018. All players will be awarded a free Greater Summon and up to 8 free daily summons based on based on how many inactive players log in.
- 2nd Anniversary Commemorative Stamp – All players who log in during August of this year will receive a commemorative 2nd anniversary stamp which can resurrect themselves in multiplayer once per battle.
- Ultimate Heroes & Supreme Card Summon – For a limited time, players who purchase more than 12,000 magicite will receive two Supreme Tickets and 240 Ability Tickets. Players can use these Supreme Tickets to summon once from special Ultimate Heroes and Supreme Card banners. Additional information on this promotion can be found here: http://sqex.to/BRd.
- VIP Mode – Players who purchase a total of 1,500 magicite or more per month will qualify for VIP Mode, which eliminates the skillseed cost of setting custom skill cards, increases the rate at which extra skills are unlocked, and other useful boosts for thirty one days following the magicite purchase. VIP Mode will be implemented after the next maintenance.