Today’s DC Nation #3 has an article in which Gary Frank talks through his designs for Mime and Marionette. Two original characters based on classic Charlton characters Punch and Jewelee, they appear in the unauthorised sequel to Watchmen, Doomsday Clock, published by DC Comics,
The trick for Gary, while Mime came together quickly…
… was to create a Marionette that wasn’t just another version of Harley Quinn.
So despite his best efforts to keep them in, the jewel-shapes had to go.
Did he succeed? What does the Joker think?
Well, at least he knows they are different people…
Gary Frank talks about the whole thing in DC Nation #3, out today print and digitally, for free.
- Kraven The Hunter Returns in March’s Amazing Spider-Man - December 14, 2018
- Now DC Comics Makes Border Town Back Issues Returnable - December 14, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 14th December 2019 – An Annual Surprise - December 14, 2018
- Cambridge Analytica, the Sequel, in Drone Range of Parliament - December 14, 2018
- The Comic Shop Opens in Crawley, England, in Three Days Time - December 14, 2018