Today’s DC Nation #3 has an article in which Gary Frank talks through his designs for Mime and Marionette. Two original characters based on classic Charlton characters Punch and Jewelee, they appear in the unauthorised sequel to Watchmen, Doomsday Clock, published by DC Comics,
The trick for Gary, while Mime came together quickly…
… was to create a Marionette that wasn’t just another version of Harley Quinn.
So despite his best efforts to keep them in, the jewel-shapes had to go.
Did he succeed? What does the Joker think?
Well, at least he knows they are different people…
Gary Frank talks about the whole thing in DC Nation #3, out today print and digitally, for free.
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018