As we slowly make our way to the release of Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition, Bandai Namco has revealed they’ve revamped Arena Mode. The game will be coming out at the end of the month on August 31st, but in the buildup to this special edition, it appears the developers are correcting some of the mistakes they’ve felt needed a vast improvement. Here are some of the details they released today.
Arena Mode contains two game modes, the Classic Deathmatch – where players are pitted against each other until only one remains – and Kill the King – where each team must protect a VIP from death. These modes can be played on 13 maps that have been optimized for tactical turn-based combat and includes five brand new arenas. Each map contains three different types chests that can be looted during the fight, such as a Destruction Coffer that contains destruction scrolls, a Control Coffer that contains control scrolls, or a Source Coffer that contains powerful spells.
The revamped Arena Mode also introduces Mutators, which can give skills or change parameters during Arena battles. For example, during Round 2, the Movement Mutator gives magical wings to all Heroes, allowing them to travel long distances, and during Round 7, the mutators initiate Sudden Death, reducing the health of all Heroes to the minimum levels. Mutators, along with a number of other parameters, can be customized by the host.
- Black Clover: Quartet Knights Highlights Vetto in Latest Trailer
- Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition To Receive an HDR/4K Update
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 has an Xbox Game Preview Launch Trailer
- Divinity: Original Sin II is Coming to Xbox Game Preview
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 is Coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Plans Being Outlined For "Game Master" Mode For 'Divinity: Original Sin II'
- Brad Wong and Eliot Announced for Dead or Alive 6 Roster - December 13, 2018
- Ninja Will Live Commentate Thursday Night Football on Twitch - December 13, 2018
- SEGA Classics Launches on Amazon Fire TV Today - December 13, 2018
- Scopley and WBIE Launch Looney Tunes: World of Mayhem - December 13, 2018
- Chinese Ethics Board Orders Bans on Several Games Including PUBG and Fortnite - December 12, 2018