Insomniac Games has announced that Marvel’s Spider-Man is done principal development and has gone gold.
While there have been many Spider-Man games in the past, I don’t think I remember the hype and expectations of the game reaching quite the levels we are at with Insomniac Games’ upcoming effort. There is a good reason for that too. First of all, it’s Insomniac Games, who have an excellent track record of bright and exceedingly fun adventures. Second of all, Sony seems to be going big on this game, with prominent E3 showings and support. Their ownership of the character’s movie rights probably doesn’t hurt their enthusiasm either.
Well, the wait to get what many are hoping is the Spider-Man game they’ve always dreamed of is nearly over. Insomniac Games has taken to Twitter to announce that Marvel’s Spider-Man has gone gold. In case you aren’t familiar with the term, it basically means the main bulk of development is done and the game is now away to get put onto disk and be packaged. Now, of course, the iterative nature of games now means works if far from “done” on the game. The team will undoubtedly be putting in work to tweak and bug fix with a patch that will go live when you pop the disk in, but it’s probably safe to assume that the game is hitting its release date. The tweet read:
We are pleased to announce that #SpiderManPS4 has GONE GOLD for its worldwide release on September 7th. Thanks to @PlayStation and @MarvelGames for their support in the creation of this original Spider-Man adventure. pic.twitter.com/iD4mJmqGfK
— Insomniac Games (@insomniacgames) July 30, 2018
It’s not long now to wait for the game at all either, with just a few short weeks between us and it. The game will launch on PlayStation 4 on September 7th.
- Insomnia: The Ark Gets a New Lore Trailer From the Developers
- Fans Have Found New References in Latest Marvel's Spider-Man Trailer
- Sony Releases a New Launch Trailer for Marvel's Spider-Man
- Sony Releases New 4K Images of Marvel's Spider-Man for PS4
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018
- Anthem Gets Story Trailer Showing Off Impressive Cutscenes - December 6, 2018
- Far Cry: New Dawn Shows Off Beautiful Post-Apocalypse World - December 6, 2018
- Ubisoft is Teasing a Nuclear Far Cry to be Revealed at The Game Awards - December 6, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Black Armory is a Bizarre First Week Experience as You Can’t Really Play It [Update] - December 5, 2018