We knew it was going to happen at some point, but it would appear this past weekend was enough to push the Disney animated feature Incredibles 2 over the $1 billion mark at the box office.
Incredibles 2 is the apparent seventh animated film to hit that amount, as well as the ninth in US movie-opening history.
The big thing here is it marks the third film released by the House of Mouse this year to hit that number. There was of course Black Panther in February, which at current sits at $1.3 billion, and Avengers: Infinity War, which has grossed $2 billion.
What a banner year for the company; pretty impressive, and signals the supposed “superhero fatigue” is nowhere close to being a thing.
- Check Out This 'Incredibles 2' Cosplay Group from SDCC!
- 'Incredibles 2' Breaks Animated Film Box Office Record, Hits Half a Billion Dollars
- Brad Bird Talks Jack-Jack's Powers in Incredibles 2 [Spoilers]
- Incredibles 2 Review: 14 Years Later and Feeling Just as Fresh
- Incredibles 2 Sets an Animation Pre-Sale Record
- Lets Talk About Good Eats: Reloaded and Alton Brown - October 15, 2018
- Peter Dinklage Talks Post-Game of Thrones Life, and Tyrion’s Final Day - October 15, 2018
- Dracula Series Coming to BBC, Netflix from Sherlock Team - October 15, 2018
- Meet Alfred for Gotham Spinoff Series, Pennyworth - October 15, 2018
- The Russo Brothers Say Avengers 4 has Wrapped Filming - October 15, 2018