We knew it was going to happen at some point, but it would appear this past weekend was enough to push the Disney animated feature Incredibles 2 over the $1 billion mark at the box office.
Incredibles 2 is the apparent seventh animated film to hit that amount, as well as the ninth in US movie-opening history.
The big thing here is it marks the third film released by the House of Mouse this year to hit that number. There was of course Black Panther in February, which at current sits at $1.3 billion, and Avengers: Infinity War, which has grossed $2 billion.
What a banner year for the company; pretty impressive, and signals the supposed “superhero fatigue” is nowhere close to being a thing.
- Check Out This 'Incredibles 2' Cosplay Group from SDCC!
- 'Incredibles 2' Breaks Animated Film Box Office Record, Hits Half a Billion Dollars
- Brad Bird Talks Jack-Jack's Powers in Incredibles 2 [Spoilers]
- Incredibles 2 Review: 14 Years Later and Feeling Just as Fresh
- Incredibles 2 Sets an Animation Pre-Sale Record
- ‘Outlander’ EPs On THAT Character Switch, [SPOILER]’s Return - December 17, 2018
- ‘Hot Fuzz 2’ Officially Greenlit, Posts Nick Frost - December 17, 2018
- ‘Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ GIANT Cast List, First Look - December 17, 2018
- ‘Aquaman’ is the Live-Action ‘Atlantis: The Lost Empire’ - December 16, 2018
- Netflix’s ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ Trailer Dropping Tomorrow? - December 16, 2018