Epic Games released a brand new update today in Fortnite, and it actually has changed a few things that weapons experts should examine. You can check out the full list of notes here for 5.10, but we have the more pressing stuff for Battle Royale below. The biggest that people will enjoy is that Guided Missiles have returned from the Fortnite Vault and back into the game.
LIMITED TIME MODE: FLY EXPLOSIVES
This mode combines the explosive fun of the High Explosives LTM and the vaulted Limited Time Item Jetpack. Take to the skies and blast everyone else back to the lobby!
- Only Explosive Weapons can be found in this mode.
- Floor Loot spawners will occasionally spawn Jetpacks.
- Fly Explosives Jetpacks have increased fuel regen rate & decreased burn rate compared to Default Jetpacks, to keep pilots in the sky a bit longer.
- Between-storm wait times have been reduced due to players needing less time to find adequate loot (avg. match length should be lower than 20m).
- Rocket Ammunition capped at 120.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
LIMITED TIME MODE: PLAYGROUND
- The Vaulted Jetpack has been enabled for the duration of the Fly Explosives LTM.
- Guided Missile has been enabled.
- Consumable Healing Item spawn rates have been normalized by lowering Chug Jug & shield spawn rates.
- Bandages have been removed.
- This is to raise the chance of spawning healing items that get players to full health & shields.
- Nameplates will no longer appear for members of the opposite team.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Guided Missile returns!
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Fuse duration reduced from 18 to 15 seconds.
- Movement Speed decreased from 1100 to 1000.
- Reload time increased to 2.4/2.2.
- Reduced player damage from 105/110 down to 74/77 damage.
- Reduced structure damage down from 1100 to 400.
- Explosions now damage structures with no regard for Line of Sight.
- Guided Missile can also be controlled via keyboard using the default movement inputs.
- The issues with Slurp Juice have been fixed and it can once again be looted in-game.
- iOS players will have a larger than normal update to download (2gb).
- Fortnite's 5.2 Patch Notes Are Up, Along with a New Shotgun
- Another Fortnite Datamine Leak Reveals a Ton of Unreleased Content
- Watch This Pro Fortnite Player Share a Big Money Victory with His Dad
- Epic Games Skips Google Play's Store for Direct Download of Fortnite
- Someone Created the First Level of Super Mario Bros. in Fortnite
- Epic Games Teases a New Fortnite Compact SMG is Coming Soon
- Epic Games Explains Why Playground LTM Was Having Issues in Fortnite
- Epic Games Issues New Challenges for Fortnite's One-Year Anniversary
- Funko is Releasing a Line of Fortnite Collectibles Soon
- Cygames Announces Granblue Fantasy Versus for PS4 in 2019 - December 15, 2018
- Review: Marseille’s mCable HDMI Cords for Cinema and Gaming - December 15, 2018
- Review: Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse - December 15, 2018
- Ghost Stories For The Ages: We Review Betrayal Legacy - December 15, 2018
- Intrepid Studios Shows a Livestream Update for Ashes of Creation - December 15, 2018