Remember how dubious Disney fans were when the announcement about a live-action Pirates of the Caribbean film was made? A movie based on a ride? How silly is that! Of course that franchise went on to set all kinds of box office records and remains a tentpole feature for the House of Mouse.
The next ride to get the live-action film adaptation is one of our punny favorites, The Jungle Cruise. It’s going to star Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Emily Blunt, and has been described as taking several cues from the classic flick The African Queen.
Today, the official Walt Disney Studios twitter account shared our first look at the film, with an announcement of production officially happening RIGHT NOW:
— Walt Disney Studios (@DisneyStudios) July 31, 2018
There was also the reveal of the official release date, apparently October 11th 2019.
- Dwayne Johnson Shows Off the Impressive Set of Disney's Jungle Cruise
- Disney's Release Dates for Indiana Jones 5, Untitled 2021 Marvel Movie, and More
- Disney's Jungle Cruise Movie Gets Jesse Plemons as Additional Villain
- Edgar Ramirez Joins the Cast of Dwayne Johnson's Jungle Cruise
- Disney's 'Jungle Cruise' Movie Still Happening, Emily Blunt Joins The Rock
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Likens Disney's Jungle Cruise Film to Indiana Jones
- The Rock And The Jungle Cruise, A Match Made In Heaven
- Live From Games Workshop 500th Store Celebration - October 21, 2018
- What Kate Mulgrew Said About Captain Janeway Returning to Star Trek - October 20, 2018
- W. Earl Brown With Another ‘Deadwood’ Movie Update - October 20, 2018
- Wanna See a ‘The Simpsons’ 2018 Treehouse of Horror XXIX Clip? - October 20, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Diana Gabaldon on [SPOILER]’S Return for Season 4 - October 20, 2018