Activision has released a new trailer for its upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 multiplayer beta this weekend.
There seems to be a decent amount of excitement around Black Ops 4. Call of Duty: WWII certainly brought goodwill back to the franchise after the PR nightmare that was Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and even though the franchise is leaving the past behind again, it hasn’t had too many headaches over the direction of the game. While the absence of a single-player campaign certainly had detractors, there still seems to be a buzz around the multiplayer-focused title.
Speaking of, the game is gearing up for its multiplayer beta this weekend, which is available to those who pre-order the game. It launches on PlayStation 4 on Friday, August 3rd and will roll out to other platforms afterwards. To get you jazzed for the period, Treyarch has put out a new trailer for the beta and it shows off a lot of guns, death, and explosions. You know, Call of Duty stuff. The beta will have a generous amount of operators to mess around with so you can really find your playstyle.
The real tease of the trailer though comes with a very brief look at the highly anticipated battle royale mode, Blackout. It’s a short look, but you can catch a look at vehicle warfare as well as… zombies? It seems you really will be able to run wild here. This came alongside the announcement that the mode will be getting its own separate beta in September, so you will have to wait for that.
Take a look at the trailer here:
Here’s hoping the game really does deliver on what Call of Duty fans want. While Battle Royale seems to be waning a little bit in terms of popularity, I think there is enough room for one major AAA FPS version. Call of Duty seems like it might be in with a decent shot at getting an audience to the mode here.
- Treyarch Releases a New Trailer for Blackout on Black Ops 4
- Treyarch Reveal a Good Chunk of the Black Ops 4 Blackout Map
- From The Rumor Mill: Zombie Maps To Be Added to Black Ops 4's Blackout
- China is Getting a Call Of Duty Mobile Game from Activision And Tencent
- Treyarch Officially Launches the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Beta
- Fortnite’s Save the World Mode is Not Going to Free-to-Play This Year - October 22, 2018
- Nike has Endorsed its First Esports Player - October 22, 2018
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018