Here’s an interesting game development story that has us wondering what exactly the folks over at Playground Games have going on. According to GamesIndustry.biz, the UK company has been working on a yet-to-be-announced action RPG, and they’ve been hiring several top talented people away from different companies to work on it.
The article says they’ve nabbed people who used to work for companies such as BioWare, Rocksteady Games, Ninja Theory, Guerrilla Games, and Electronic Arts’ Motive studio. Here’s a quick quote from the article.
“I’m really pleased with the quality of the team we’re building here at Playground,” studio director Gavin Raeburn tells us. “We continue to attract world-class talent from around the world thanks to our exciting projects and the passion of our team. It’s been a fantastic start for our second studio and I look forward to seeing it continue to grow over the coming months.”
Whatever they’re working on, it’s already piqued the interest of people online who are curious what this mystery RPG could be and why it needs so many familiar names to work on it. We naturally assume Playground Games has something awesome in the works, but based on the timeframe of the hires, we don’t expect to hear anything concrete about it until at least PAX East 2019 at the earliest.
- Guerrilla Games Reportedly Poaching Rainbow Six Siege Devs
- Microsoft Goes Into Detail About Why They Bought Ninja Theory
- Capcom's Remastered Resident Evil 2 Wins E3 Best Of Show
- Everything Announced at Microsoft's Xbox E3 Conference
- Microsoft Adds Five New Studios to Their Xbox Stable
- Forza Horizon 4 Announced With A British Setting
- Fable Fortune is Leaving Early Access Later This Week
- Predictably, Aimbots Have Come to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - October 19, 2018
- Insomniac Games Releases Two New Patches for Marvel’s Spider-Man - October 19, 2018
- Pac-Man Will Appear On Cans of Red Bull Because… Nostalgia? - October 19, 2018
- Check Out the Launch Trailer for Dark Souls: Remastered on Switch - October 19, 2018
- Dead By Daylight Launches “The Hallowed Blight” Halloween Event - October 19, 2018