Eli Roth is gathering some of horror’s biggest names for a new series looking at the history of the genre and why we all like being scared so much. The series will debut in time for Halloween this year, with a debut date of October 14th, fittingly at midnight. The series will last six episodes and is part of the AMC Visionaries brand. Other Visionaries documentary series so far have included a comic book one with Robert Kirkman and a sci-fi look with James Cameron. More subjects are also on the way.
“My wish list for this show came true, I knew these three, and all are incredible storytellers. Mick Garris got the horror directors together for dinners, called the Masters of Horror. As we were losing these guys, we were losing their stories. And I wanted to get these people together, but I also wanted a mix of a lot of different voices. I also want to hear their perspectives of other movies. The fun was Joe Dante talking about other people’s movies.”
Featuring A-list storytellers like Stephen King, Quentin Tarantino, Jordan Peele, Jason Blum, Robert Englund, Linda Blair, Tippi Hedren, Rob Zombie, Haley Joel Osment, Jack Black, John Landis, Jamie Lee Curtis and more, Eli Roth’s History of Horror brings together the masters of horror – icons and stars who define the genre – to explore its biggest themes and reveal the inspirations and struggles behind its past and present. Each one-hour episode will take viewers on a chilling exploration of how horror has evolved through the eras and impacted society, as well as why loyal fans remain addicted to fear.
- Jamie Lee Curtis Takes the Lead in New 'Halloween' Poster
- New Image from The House with a Clock in Its Walls
- Mondo Celebrates the Holidays With Castlevania Puzzle and Krampus Tiki Mug - December 17, 2018
- Funko Round-Up: Titanic, Romeo+Juliet, Tons of Disney, and more! - December 17, 2018
- Godzilla Gets a Unique Figure From NECA- a 1956 Poster Version - December 17, 2018
- BC Toy Spotting: Fortnite, Funko, LEGO Movie 2, Star Wars, WWE, and More! - December 16, 2018
- Batman Your Kitchen With These New Seven 20 Products - December 13, 2018