The Marvel Netflix shows have helped take the Marvel Cinematic Universe in a different direction as they have embraced the dark and gritty section of the world. They’ve (almost) all been well received, and they are currently in the process of working on several seasons for their established shows. One of the shows that everyone keeps asking about is the third season of Daredevil and why it is taking so long for it to come out. According to Deadline and Netflix VP original content Cindy Holland, the delay is scheduling related more than anything.
“The biggest issue was the timing of production and launching of The Defenders because what that meant is we had to shut down all of the shows, so all the actors be available for The Defenders so it’s more function of that,” Holland told Deadline. “There is no problem with this season, I think it’s fantastic, it’s real return to form in my view.”
As for whether we can expect to see the roster of the Marvel Netflix shows to expand, Holland didn’t give anything away just yet.
“There’s always an ongoing discussion about spinning off additional characters into additional properties,” Holland said. “I don’t have anything to share.”
As for a second season of The Defenders, Holland said “It could be possible, [but] there are no plans at this time.” She was also unable to confirm a third season of Luke Cage: “We haven’t made any firm decisions yet.”
The second season of Iron Fist is set to drop on September 7th.
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship
- Netflix Confirms 'Daredevil' Season 3 Will Be Released This Year
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: A New Promo and 17 New Cast and Promo Pictures - December 13, 2018
- Meet Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in This New Clip - December 13, 2018