The solicitation for this week’s Adventures of the Super Sons series did mention it was flashback in nature…
ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS #1 (OF 12)
(W) Peter J. Tomasi (A) Carlo Barberi, Art Thibert (CA) Dan Mora
The Super Sons are back in an all-new 12-issue miniseries written by Peter J. Tomasi! Check out the lost and secret adventures of Damian Wayne (Robin) and Jon Kent (Superboy) in this flashback miniseries that takes a deep dive into the bombastic bromance between the sons of the DC Universe’s greatest heroes. It’s an epic dual storyline that transcends current events, as Superboy and Robin find themselves targets of an interstellar team of young badasses called the Gang. In Shops: Aug 01, 2018 SRP: $3.99
The comic is set before Super Sons #16 and the Superman Special #1 that closed the door on Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason‘s run on the character, before Brian Michael Bendis took over the Superman comics and Jonathan Kent went away — and before Damian Wayne had to deal with a father who was left at the roof-altar by Catwoman.
So, a little more DC Refresh in nature for you Super Sons fans out there.
- Rags #1 3rd Printing, Punchline #1 2nd Printing from Antarctic Press - December 10, 2018
- Joe Illidge, No Longer Executive Editor at Valiant Entertainment (UPDATED) - December 10, 2018
- What Avengers: Endgame May Owe to Roy Thomas and Avengers #71 - December 10, 2018
- Vancouver’s The Comicshop to Close - December 10, 2018
- J Scott Campbell Published His Own Captain Marvel Covers - December 10, 2018