If you’ve been hoping for a brand-new amiibo to add to Splatoon 2, Nintendo is about to fulfill your wishes in time for the holidays. The company sent out a tweet over the weekend that got buried in all of their San Diego Comic-Con coverage that media outlets finally noticed, as they’ll be giving you a triple pack of characters to use with the Nintendo Switch game.
The pack will be coming out on December 7th, just in time for holiday shopping and what will probably be one of the last updates the game receives from Nintendo.
Heads up Inklings! There’s some new #amiibo joining the ink-splatting action! This 3-pack, featuring Octoling Boy, Octoling Girl, and Octoling Octopus will be available on 12/7. pic.twitter.com/XeAgbG9s7S
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) July 20, 2018
As many others have pointed out, the December 7th date also coincides with the release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, leading many to speculate that the Splatoon 2 amiibos will have some kind of interaction with the fighting game. If that is indeed the case, it does bring up the question of what other amiibos will work with SSBU when it eventually is released this winter, or if there are more figures on the way that could serve a double purpose with their game and SSBU. Of course, let’s be honest here: there’s a really good chance these will only provide cosmetic features in the game and nothing more.
- Nintendo Adds The Last Salmon Run Map and Weapons to Splatoon 2
- The Next Splatoon 2 Splatfest Will Revolve Around Utensils
- Dataminers Figure Out the Next Splatoon 2 European Splatfest
- The Next Splatoon 2 Splatfest in Japan Will be Over a Love of Chocolates
- Nintendo Launching a Special Splatoon 2 Splatfest During SDCC Weekend
- A Splatoon 2 Player Hacked Their System to Demand Hack Protection
- Nintendo Teases More DLC Coming for Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- People Love Their Orange Juice in Latest Splatoon 2 Splatfest
- Nintendo Drops Details About the Splatoon 2 World Championship